Chapter 66: World Three

Mu Jun and Lu Yifeng's conversation remains a mystery to Mu Bai. When Lu Yifeng left Mu Jun's courtyard, her expression was calm, and her attitude towards Mu Bai improved noticeably.

Mu Bai is curious about their conversation and wants to gossip, but a glance from her own master keeps her quiet.

Not asking what shouldn't be asked, knowing she can stay here is enough. Despite anything that happens, her master is here, providing a sense of security.

After Mu Jun settles in smoothly, Mu Bai feels relaxed, but the same cannot be said for Lu Yifeng and Sheng Xun, also residing in the Sheng residence. They sense increased pressure.

The former bears an undisclosed secret burden despite being on their own territory, making their situation more miserable than being in the demonic sect.

The latter struggles with a lack of breakthrough in cultivation. With two outsiders in the Sheng residence, any attempts to make a move become challenging. After persisting until early September, Sheng Xun temporarily leaves the Sheng residence, citing preparations for the martial arts conference.

----

In the blink of an eye, it's mid-September. Mu Jun has been in the Sheng residence for over twenty days, successfully concealing her identity and becoming close friends with Lady Sheng.

This has somewhat eased Lord Sheng, the head of the Sheng family's vigilance, but due to the inability to uncover Mu Jun's background, complete trust isn't established.

The martial arts tournament is set to begin on September 20. Lady Sheng, considering the presence of various sects in Jinling City, plans to host a birthday banquet for Mu Bai on the fifteenth, introducing her to these factions.

Mu Bai quickly declines the well-intentioned proposal, stating, "Mother's kindness is understood, but I've never celebrated birthdays before, and I won't in the future."

Lady Sheng hesitates, glancing at Mu Jun.

Mu Jun sets down her tea cup, "Let it be as usual. Little Bai is nineteen now; she can decide for herself."

Lady Sheng nods, not pressing further, and changes the topic.

Lady Sheng: "With the martial arts conference approaching, many new faces are in Jinling City. If you go out, be cautious and don't wander too far."

"Of course, if anyone with a lack of wisdom provokes you, you don't have to endure it. Deal with it as you see fit."

Sheng Qingyin nodded, "Mother, rest assured. I always go out with Mu Bai, and few dare to bully us."

Mu Bai nodded in agreement. After the casual chat, she caught up with Lady Sheng, wearing a hint of hesitation on her face.

"Mother, I have a question I'd like to ask you," Mu Bai said. Seeing Lady Sheng stop, she slowed her pace.

Lady Sheng looked at Mu Bai with some confusion, "What's wrong? Did you encounter something you can't handle?"

Mu Bai shook her head, bit her lower lip, and said, "Mother, there have been rumors outside that the sect leader will choose a husband for Qingyin at the martial arts tournament. As long as someone enters the top ten, they qualify..."

"Mother, this should be false, right?" Mu Bai asked. In their time together, she hadn't noticed any such thoughts from Sect Leader Sheng, even during casual conversations.

After understanding Mu Bai's question, Lady Sheng's eyes flickered with a hint of guilt. Why would Mu Bai suddenly ask this? Did her daughter say something to her? Or did something happen?