Chapter 53: World Two

To ensure their safety, Sheng Qingyin went directly to a specialty store to make the purchases. She handed the prepared shopping list to the shopkeeper, and after checking each item meticulously, everything was loaded into the back of the off-road vehicle.

The payment process was swift, and the entire transaction took only half an hour. Their efficiency was remarkable.

"Shall we pack dinner to take with us and prepare four boxes of milk and bread for breakfast?" Sheng Qingyin pushed the shopping cart, beginning to prepare their food.

"Why not buy some self-heating hot pots? If there are stars at night, we can eat while stargazing!" Mu Bai suggested. Seeing that Sheng Qingyin didn't immediately reject the idea as unhealthy, she promptly added four different flavors of self-heating hot pots to their cart.

Glancing at the items in the shopping cart, Mu Bai added a large bottle of fruit juice and a large bottle of mineral water to ensure they had an ample water supply.

Sheng Qingyin's hand holding the cart gave a slight twitch. She actually wanted to put the fruit juice back. After all, in the cold weather, low-temperature fruit juice paired with steaming hot self-heating hot pots didn't seem very stomach-friendly.

But on second thought, Mu Bai enjoyed a bit of happiness that was slightly less healthy, and choosing fruit juice was already a result of her restraint.

Noticing that Sheng Qingyin still didn't object, Mu Bai took it as a sign and continued to add a variety of snacks and jerky until about half the shopping cart was full.

Sheng Qingyin used a QR code to pay for the snacks, loaded them into the car, and then made a quick stop at a pharmacy to purchase a box of digestive tablets.

Considering the amount of snacks they had, not taking a digestive tablet would likely result in an upset stomach in the middle of the night.

After driving the car to the nearest point to the mountaintop, it was already around 4 o'clock, and the sun was setting in the west. The surrounding temperature had dropped significantly, and the wind could make them shiver.

The environment at the mountaintop was better than Mu Bai had expected, probably because many people camped here in the summer. The local authorities had constructed a public restroom near the parking area, addressing a significant challenge for campers.

"Let's go. While it's not yet dark, let's set up the tent!" Mu Bai quickly got out of the car, opened the trunk, and willingly carried the tent up the hill.

"Take it slow; I'll go up with you." Sheng Qingyin put on her outdoor backpack and, with one hand holding snacks and the other carrying a sleeping bag, followed Mu Bai.

Today was indeed very cold. There were no extra vehicles at the parking area, and there were no tents at the mountaintop. If it weren't for a few discarded snack wrappers that could be seen above, they might have thought they were in the wrong place.

Mu Bai looked around and quickly chose a spot. "How about setting up here? There are no trees overhead, so the view is good."

"Sounds good. I'll clean up the ground a bit." Sheng Qingyin put down her backpack, and from inside, she quickly assembled a versatile entrenching tool.

"I'll go and bring the other things up." Mu Bai increased her pace. With the early darkness, if they wanted to enjoy the sunset properly, they needed to set up the tent quickly.

Mu Bai had good physical strength, and her arm strength was adequate. After making two trips up and down, she had brought all the items from the car.

Sheng Qingyin had some camping experience from abroad. After Mu Bai brought everything up, she cleaned the ground, set up the tent, and started to secure it with stakes.