Chapter 108: World Six

Mu Bai hesitated for a moment at Sheng Qingyin's words. After turning off the hairdryer, she turned her head and looked at Sheng Qingyin. "Teacher Sheng, what did you just say? The hairdryer was a bit noisy, and I couldn't hear clearly."

"I can help you blow-dry your hair. This way, the styled look will be much better," Sheng Qingyin suggested. She used this moment to find a suitable excuse for her behavior.

"At the beginning, when I couldn't secure enough investment, I took on various roles besides being a director, including part-time stylist. If I help you blow-dry, you can change your hairstyle, not sticking to the bun," Sheng Qingyin explained smoothly.

"Teacher Sheng is really amazing!" Mu Bai praised with a smile, handing over the hairdryer. "Then, I'll trouble you, Teacher Sheng, to give me a more stylish look."

"No problem, leave it to me." Taking the hairdryer, Sheng Qingyin breathed a sigh of relief. Her teammate accepted her goodwill, so the inappropriate behavior just now should be forgiven.

Mu Bai had long hair, but she always tied it into a simple bun. So, Sheng Qingyin only noticed when she helped blow-dry – Mu Bai's hair reached near her coccyx.

Slender, fair fingers ran through the thick black hair, creating a striking contrast visually. The irregular pattern sparked numerous inspirations for Sheng Qingyin.

Perhaps, she could make a short film inspired by long hair. It didn't have to be too long, just a short film to showcase a character's entire life through the changes in their hair...

"Teacher Sheng, are you having second thoughts?" Seeing Sheng Qingyin's lack of action, Mu Bai couldn't help but speak up.

"Sorry, I zoned out for a moment." Quickly snapping out of her thoughts, Sheng Qingyin opened the hairdryer to express her apology. She used her fingers as an improvised comb, gently smoothing Mu Bai's strands of hair.

The buzzing sound of the hairdryer continued to linger around Mu Bai's ears, but it didn't hinder her from sensing Sheng Qingyin's movements. Sheng Qingyin, without long nails, occasionally touched her scalp with her fingertips while smoothing the strands, leaving a subtle sensation.

Sheng Qingyin's movements were deliberate, slowing down after less than two minutes of blowing. She reduced the fan speed, and the buzzing sound diminished significantly.

"This hairdryer was the first one I grabbed, so it might be a bit loud," Sheng Qingyin noticed and explained, "I usually finish drying in less than a minute, so I didn't pay much attention. Next time, you can try borrowing from Teacher Qin or Tao Yu."

Mu Bai softly acknowledged and asked, "If I borrow someone else's hairdryer, does that mean I won't get Teacher Sheng's service?"

"As long as I have time and am with you, I can always help you blow-dry your hair," Sheng Qingyin promised. In less than three seconds, she added, "I can also occasionally provide some advice on your outfit coordination; my taste is pretty good."

Mu Bai smiled, "Great, thanks, Teacher Sheng."

Due to the privacy involved in bathing, the director didn't arrange for any cameramen to follow. The perspective switched to a fixed camera installed in the villa, and the audio was muted. This caused the number of viewers for Mu Bai's perspective to decrease significantly, with the popularity dropping to around fifty to sixty thousand.

【Director Sheng and Mu Mu seem to have a good relationship; they even help each other with hair drying. Some people's speculations from before must be false.】

【Fake sisterhood, just to maintain their public image.】

【I have a question; isn't Director Sheng a person with bad luck? Isn't Mu Bai worried about accidents when being around her?】