Chapter 82: World Four

Sheng Qingyin pondered for five minutes, and without finding an answer, she decided to take a nap.

When she woke up, it was already noon. Fully rested, Sheng Qingyin returned to the initial question – how to leave Mu Bai's side.

This time, she didn't need to ponder, as Mu Bai had also awakened.

"Good morning, Qingyin," Mu Bai habitually spoke, then realizing it wasn't morning anymore, she corrected, "Qingyin, good afternoon."

"Afternoon," Sheng Qingyin replied somewhat dryly. Then, releasing her hand from Mu Bai, she took the opportunity to leave her side, quickly changing the subject: "It's almost lunchtime, should we have lunch?"

"My stomach is a little hungry too," Mu Bai admitted, feeling a bit embarrassed. She had been half-asleep this morning and ended up eating five buns in a daze, only to still feel hungry and think she could eat five more.

"Do you have ingredients here? If you don't mind, I can make a simple lunch for you," Sheng Qingyin offered, reaching for her coat to escape the somewhat awkward situation.

"Really?" Mu Bai's face lit up, quickly getting up. "There should be some in the fridge, not much, though. I'll go buy some fresh meat and vegetables nearby. What do you want to cook? Stir-fried rice cakes?"

"If we're at home, maybe we can consider cooking some home-style dishes?" Sheng Qingyin suggested, mentioning that Zone A had electricity, so using an electric cooker wouldn't be a problem.

"Alright, I'll buy some fresh meat and vegetables. I'll be back soon," Mu Bai said, quickly getting dressed and using her ability to wash her face.

When Mu Bai opened the door, she knew her lunch plans were spoiled. In front of Villa 86, there were more than ten soldiers with firearms, obviously there to monitor her.

"Miss Mu, the events from last night and early morning caused quite a stir. For your safety, we advise you not to go out for some time," the guard at the door politely informed her, keeping the gun pointed down and maintaining a relatively gentle tone.

"Not go out? Then, what will I eat? Can you help me buy groceries?" Mu Bai asked, her gaze towards the guard not exactly friendly.

Directly forbidding her from going out, this group of guards certainly wasn't sent by her future father-in-law. However, their attitude was tolerable, so they were likely not the second-in-command either. Most likely, it was a decision made by those indecisive individuals.

Guard: "If Miss Mu needs anything, you can tell us, and we'll help you purchase it."

Mu Bai furrowed her brows, "Do I need to pay with my points, and you'll buy it for me, or will you provide the ingredients for free?"

The guard hesitated for a moment, then, remembering his leader's instructions, quickly responded, "For daily necessities, we'll provide them for free as compensation to Miss Mu and Miss Xie."

Implying that both Mu Bai and Xie Yu couldn't go out, no matter what excuse they used.

"I can't go out either?" Sheng Qingyin emerged from inside. Seeing the guards, her displeasure was more apparent than Mu Bai's. "Do you know where this is? This is Zone A. If even this place isn't safe, then there's nowhere safe in Base Three."

The guard captain recognized Sheng Qingyin and was surprised to see her coming out, "Miss Sheng, why are you here?"

"Mu Bai and Xie Yu are members of my team. Is there a problem with me being here?" Sheng Qingyin asked. "We're about to have lunch. Either you bring fresh vegetables and meat in the next five minutes, or if that's not possible, don't block our way to buy groceries."