Chapter 35: World Two

Upon seeing Han Huanwen's messages, the vice president's eye twitched slightly. He thought, "What is this? We're in the middle of an important negotiation, and he wants me to find an excuse to get Mu Bai to leave within three minutes!"

The vice president was internally exasperated, wondering how he could possibly come up with a reason to get Mu Bai to leave at this crucial juncture, and he had to do it within three minutes!

His mind raced as he tried to figure out a solution. "Ms. Mu, it seems I have some documents in the car. Would it be convenient for you to accompany me to retrieve them?"

Mu Bai straightforwardly refused, saying, "Not convenient. It's too hot outside, and I don't want to go out."

The vice president's expression stiffened. He said, "Ms. Mu, it seems like there are quite a few documents, would you mind giving me a hand?"

"Are these the documents I need to see?" Mu Bai asked.

The vice president nodded vigorously, "Yes, they are very important documents!"

Mu Bai's expression turned stern, "Are you kidding me? You didn't bring me the important documents I need to see right away, and we're already halfway into our discussion. Now you remember the documents are in your car? Are you here to deceive me?"

"I'm really sorry, I didn't mean to. I was in a hurry when I came," the vice president apologized, feeling the pressure from Han Huanwen's messages.

Well, since Han Huanwen himself said that it doesn't matter if this collaboration doesn't work out as long as he successfully gets Mu Bai to leave, Mu Bai, with a stern face, reluctantly agreed to have the server watch her belongings and then got up to leave with the vice president.

About twenty seconds after leaving the coffee shop, Mu Bai suddenly stopped and said, "Wait a moment, I need to use the restroom first."

After her request, she turned around and walked back into the coffee shop, not paying attention to the vice president. She headed towards the location of the public restrooms.

Mu Bai wasn't a fool. From the vice president's sudden change in attitude as soon as he put his phone down, she had already guessed that Han Huanwen was urging him.

Considering he had been sitting there without moving for almost two hours, and now he was so urgently trying to get her to leave, it was likely that something had become pressing.

Mu Bai timed it perfectly. Just as she reached the restroom's entrance, Han Huanwen, who had just finished washing his hands, came out of the men's restroom.

"Uh? Han Huanwen? What are you doing here?" Mu Bai looked at him in surprise. "Aren't you supposed to be having a meeting at the office with an important client?"

"Huh? How did you...?" Han Huanwen was also taken aback, his heart racing as his brain quickly worked to come up with an explanation. "Yeah, but I finished the meeting around 1:00, and then I rushed here to see if I could meet you."

Han Huanwen had to admit he was quite quick-witted. He immediately found a perfect excuse for his sudden appearance.

They had met at the entrance to the restroom, not inside the coffee shop, which gave him some room for plausible deniability.

"Really? Did you just arrive?" Mu Bai asked skeptically. "I've been in the coffee shop all along, how come I didn't see you?"

"Have you been here all along? I just arrived," Han Huanwen replied with a puzzled expression, maintaining his composure. "I came straight to the restroom upon arrival. Could it be that you didn't notice me?"