Chapter 78: World Four

Without waiting for Sheng Qingyin to come up with a reason, Mu Bai emerged from the bathroom. "Qingyin, I've filled the water. I'll go help Xie Yu now. Remember to wash quickly; otherwise, the temperature will drop."

Sheng Qingyin nodded. After Mu Bai left, she took out her clothes and entered the bathroom.

After removing the hindering clothes, Sheng Qingyin tentatively sat in the bathtub. The forty-degree water temperature was just right for her. Soon, she relaxed, leaving only her head exposed to maintain normal breathing.

So comfortable. She hadn't enjoyed a bath like this for a long time. Sheng Qingyin couldn't help but close her eyes, savoring this exceptionally pleasant moment.

After five minutes, Sheng Qingyin noticed something unusual. The water temperature didn't seem to decrease with time. Was it because of Mu Bai's ability?

With a hint of doubt, Sheng Qingyin stayed in the bathtub for another five minutes. The temperature remained the same, slightly higher than the human body temperature, enough to sweep away the fatigue from her body.

Feeling the need to ask Mu Bai about it, the allure of the bathtub was too high. Because the temperature didn't decrease, it gave her a feeling of soaking in a hot spring, incredibly comfortable.

In the end, Sheng Qingyin soaked for twenty minutes before reluctantly getting out of the bathtub. After drying her body with a towel, she put on underwear and a T-shirt and shorts, serving as makeshift sleepwear.

When she opened the door to leave the bathroom, Mu Bai was leaning on the sofa, fingertips overflowing with a small stream of water, forming different shapes in the air.

Squinting, Sheng Qingyin quickly noticed that the water was simulating Chinese characters. It first displayed the characters for "Mu Bai" and then, within five seconds, transformed into the characters for "Sheng," "Qing," and "Yin."

Even during break time, she didn't forget to exercise her ability. No wonder Mu Bai could use it in such diverse ways. It was probably a case of reaping what you sow.

But thinking about it, it seemed like she was the one benefiting in the end, and for free.

Before Sheng Qingyin could let her thoughts wander, Mu Bai had already noticed that she finished bathing. Seeing the dripping ends of her hair, Mu Bai quickly took out a dry towel and walked over.

"Now it's the end of October, and the weather is getting colder. Remember to dry your hair before sleeping," Mu Bai said, actively using the towel to wipe Sheng Qingyin's hair.

"Th-thank you." Sheng Qingyin realized quickly and took the towel from Mu Bai. "Thank you, I've finished bathing."

"You're welcome. Now, it's my turn." Mu Bai smiled as if what she did was a trivial matter.

"Oh, by the way." Just before Mu Bai was about to enter the bathroom, Sheng Qingyin stopped her. "When I was soaking in the bath, the water temperature never decreased. Is that because of your ability?"

"Hey, does it really work?" Mu Bai's eyes showed a hint of surprise. "I just tried to raise the temperature a bit. I didn't expect it to stay like that for so long."

Of course, the surprise was feigned. Mu Bai had been deliberately controlling the water temperature since she came out, maintaining it at a comfortable forty degrees until Sheng Qingyin opened the door.

"It's very useful. Thank you," Sheng Qingyin expressed her gratitude once again, using a dry towel to wipe her hair. "I left the bathroom light for you. We have to wake up early tomorrow, so let's sleep early."