Chapter 64: World Three

As time passed, the battle between Mu Bai and Sheng Xun became increasingly intense. The two were evenly matched, and it seemed that a decisive victory wouldn't be reached in a short time.

Noticing Mu Bai's movements becoming more agile and transitioning from mere evasion to active attacks, Sheng Qingyin began to feel slightly relieved. She started studying the techniques used by both, contemplating what she could learn and incorporate.

The Master and Lady Sheng showed appreciation in their eyes. They could see that Mu Bai was initially pressured by Sheng Xun, but within less than two quarters of an hour, she had grasped Sheng Xun's attack patterns. Adjusting her sword techniques, she became more adept, displaying significant improvement.

This was an eighteen-year-old Seventh Rank expert, a genius who would be cherished and favored by any sect she joined, receiving the full resources of the sect.

However, following a hermit had its advantages. Mu Bai would have more time for martial arts practice, free from the complexities of social relationships and the worry of being envied or schemed against.

Under the watchful eyes of his future wife and future in-laws, Mu Bai fought more effortlessly. But for Sheng Xun, the pressure grew. Especially when he realized he was falling behind, he became more desperate, infusing his movements with a killing intent aimed at Mu Bai's vital points.

As Sheng Xun's techniques changed, the trio watching furrowed their brows simultaneously. Recognizing Sheng Xun's unstable state, Master Sheng prepared to intervene at any moment.

Mu Bai, on the other hand, was unfazed. Her actual cultivation was Ninth Rank, making her capable of handling Sheng Xun's efforts no matter how hard he tried.

"Host, I've received extremely urgent information. Do you want a report?" 045's voice sounded in Mu Bai's mind, starting light and growing more intense.

Mu Bai's eyebrows twitched slightly. She temporarily shifted from being the attacker to the defender. "Is it about the male lead?"

"Yes," 045 replied promptly.

"Go on," Mu Bai prepared herself.

"The male lead encountered pursuers again, but at the cost of another injury, he managed to shake them off. Currently, he's approaching Jinling City and will arrive in the quickest three hours," 045 conveyed, quickly transmitting all the relevant information to Mu Bai.

Mu Bai's expression sank. After a brief hesitation, she eased her grip slightly, allowing Sheng Xun's broadsword to cut across her arm. As blood splattered, Mu Bai stepped back, concluding this sparring session.

"Mu Bai! Are you okay?" Sheng Qingyin rushed over, concern evident on her face.

Mu Bai shook her head, lifting her arm to reveal the wound. "It's just a small cut, not a big deal."

"What do you mean 'not a big deal'? The wound looks deep!" Sheng Qingyin disapproved, casting a reproachful look towards Sheng Xun.

Lowering his head, Sheng Xun exhaled slowly and then raised his head, displaying an apologetic expression. "Miss Mu, are you alright? I failed to hold back just now, and I sincerely apologize."

"It's nothing. It's my lack of skill compared to Senior Brother. Thank you for sparing time to spar with me. I've learned a lot," Mu Bai said with a smile.

Sheng Xun's eyes flashed with a hint of hidden meaning, but on the surface, he wore a worried expression. "Miss Mu, you're just jesting. I, at eighteen, wasn't as skilled as you are now. In truth, considering everything, it's Miss Mu who won."

"Winning or losing doesn't matter; you need to get your wounds tended to quickly." Sheng Qingyin interrupted their conversation, grabbing Mu Bai's uninjured arm and leading her into her courtyard.