Chapter 12: World One

After they finished breakfast, it was around 8 o'clock. Qingyin rummaged through her closet for about five minutes and then, slightly blushing, handed a few pieces of clothing to Mu Bai. "These are clothes I've bought but never worn, including underwear. They're sterile, so you can feel comfortable wearing them!"

"Thank you, Qingyin," Mu Bai accepted the clothes with a smile and excused herself to the dressing room to change. In no time, she had exchanged her bathrobe for the new outfit.

Being slightly taller than Mu Bai, the clothes were a bit roomy on her, but thanks to Mu Bai's perfect body proportions, they gave her a more relaxed, laid-back appearance.

"This is the coat you borrowed from me last time, and it's perfect for you now." Just as Mu Bai was about to leave, Qingyin retrieved a bag from her room, her cheeks tinted with an unusual blush.

"I've had the driver waiting for you outside; leaving now won't make you late." Qingyin's tone seemed somewhat hurried, as if she was concealing something.

Mu Bai nodded in agreement, put on her coat, and bid farewell to Qingyin with a smile.

As the car started moving, the smile on Mu Bai's face gradually faded. She leaned back in her seat and closed her eyes, pretending to rest.

Mu Bai wasn't actually very drunk last night. At the beginning, she was a bit unsteady on her feet, but by the time the car reached her home's vicinity, her senses had mostly returned.

Being taken home by Qingyin was expected for Mu Bai, but the willingness of Qingyin to sleep on the sofa with her was unexpected. This made Mu Bai abandon her initial plans, instead quietly grasping Qingyin's clothing corner and falling asleep.

Mu Bai lowered her head and sniffed the faint, elegant fragrance emanating from the clothes. This scent was similar to the first time she had smelled it on Qingyin – a mix of jasmine and champagne roses – highly alluring.

The progress between herself and Qingyin seemed to be moving faster than expected. In light of this, it meant she would have to accelerate her other plans as well.

Mu Bai's recent day off didn't raise suspicions from Fu Xing. When he saw her coming into the office, he was relieved and immediately handed over half of his workload to her.

"It's been hard work. In two more weeks, we'll be able to hold the press conference," Fu Xing encouraged Mu Bai and inquired about her well-being during her days off.

Mu Bai offered a few perfunctory responses, took the necessary documents, and dove headfirst into her work.

Just as Fu Xing was beginning to feel that his workload had lightened and he could take it easy, his phone rang. He picked up the phone and saw that it was his mother calling, so he answered it without much thought.

"Do you know what day it was yesterday? How could you not even make a call to Qingyin! People were gossiping about your relationship with her over morning tea today!" Fu's mother launched into a string of complaints.

Fu Xing furrowed his brows slightly and moved the phone away from his ear. When his mother's voice subsided, he brought the phone back to his ear. "Mom, I've already explained, it's a crucial time for the company right now, and I don't have time to deal with other matters."

"Is Qingyin's matter not considered as important? She's your fiancée! How can you not even acknowledge her birthday? It's not just about not visiting; you didn't even give her a gift!" Fu's mother complained, "Do you know how many people are watching us? They'd love for our Fu family and Sheng family to have conflicts!"

Fu Xing sighed and thought about his plan, then patiently explained, "Mom, don't worry. I have everything under control."

"Just a while ago, I gave Qingyin a 10 million worth pink diamond, and I told her back then that I'd be extremely busy for a period. She'll understand, Mom. Don't listen to gossip. The cooperation between Hengfeng and Jiachuang is very tight, and there won't be any issues," Fu Xing assured.