Chapter 32: World Two

The saying goes, "Promises are like pie crusts, made to be broken." Seeing that she had nearly finished the steak Mu Bai had prepared, Sheng Qingyin found it hard to voice any further refusal, so she nodded in agreement.

Sheng Qingyin: "If I have the time, I will let you know."

"Great! Should I add you on WeChat, or would you prefer to add me?" Mu Bai asked, putting down her utensils and quickly taking out her phone.

"I'll add you," Sheng Qingyin replied as she placed the last piece of steak into her mouth, pulling out her phone to send a friend request. "This is my name."

Mu Bai looked at the screen and quietly repeated, "Sheng Qingyin?"

"Hmm? Have you heard my name before?" Sheng Qingyin looked at Mu Bai with curiosity.

Mu Bai hesitated for a moment, nodded, and then shook her head. "I think I've heard the name 'Qingyin' somewhere, but it's possible I misheard it."

"Your name is unique to me, Sister Sheng. I'll remember it well!" Mu Bai immediately added, her expression becoming more eager. "I have time 24/7, so you can contact me anytime, even just half an hour in advance!"

Sheng Qingyin slowly nodded in response to Mu Bai's enthusiastic attitude, not quite sure how to react. She used work as an excuse to take a temporary break after helping clear the dining table and the kitchen.

Mu Bai didn't insist on keeping her, and simply stood near the door, waving and smiling as she watched Sheng Qingyin open her door to the neighboring room.

After closing the door behind her, Mu Bai leaned against the door frame for a while, glancing at her still unpacked luggage. Then, she rolled up her sleeves and got to work.

The house had an area of nearly 200 square meters, originally consisting of a master bedroom and two smaller bedrooms. However, it seemed the previous owner didn't need one of the smaller bedrooms. So, they had rearranged it by merging half of it into the master bedroom to create a walk-in closet and the other half into the study, which they turned into a movable bookshelf.

The spacious study was exactly what Mu Bai needed, with no additional modifications necessary. By pushing her desk against the wall, it transformed into her art studio. As for the movable bookshelf, it was perfect for storing her manuscripts and artwork.

This productive work took her about three hours, and by the time Mu Bai had diligently organized her belongings and cleaned the room, it was already midnight.

After taking a shower, Mu Bai went out onto the balcony attached to her bedroom. Her gaze fell on the window to the left of her, which was less than three meters away, leading to the master bedroom of the neighboring apartment.

From the window of the neighboring room, Mu Bai could see that Sheng Qingyin was still awake, most likely working.

Should she send a message to remind her? This thought crossed Mu Bai's mind, but she quickly dismissed it. She had been a bit too enthusiastic the previous night, and if she sent a message now to ask Sheng Qingyin to go to bed, it might make her feel like Mu Bai was intruding into her life.

No need to rush. Now that they were neighbors, the next step was to increase their chances of chance encounters and slowly build a connection over time.

Over the next three days, Mu Bai didn't take any action. Instead, she quietly observed and noted Sheng Qingyin's activities.

Sheng Qingyin left for work at 8:00 AM sharp, taking the garbage with her. Since Sheng Qingyin drove to work, she most likely prepared her own breakfast. Mu Bai assumed she probably woke up around 7:00 AM.