Chapter 81: World Four

After the man in the suit fell, the guard became alert, pulling out his gun and approaching the car cautiously.

Using the suit man's body as a cover, Mu Bai confirmed there were only two guards. Quickly, she opened the other car door, moved to the front, and wrapped both guards' heads with water-filled balloons.

The guards, unaware of facing someone with supernatural abilities, panicked as water covered their faces, struggling futilely.

However, water is tangible but elusive; their struggles couldn't free them from the water balloons firmly attached to their bodies.

After ten chaotic seconds, they attempted to hold their breath, hoping to buy time. Yet, water quickly filled their noses and lungs, causing silent and agonizing deaths.

The water balloons were clear when smashing their faces but turned vibrant red upon exiting their bodies.

Mu Bai, contemplating, wondered if manipulating the water within someone's body could be a lethal move, given that about seventy percent of an adult's body is water.

This idea flashed in her mind but was promptly suppressed, considering the brutality of this method, especially if her identity was exposed. However, if perfectly concealed, would it be worth a try?

Mu Bai tossed the guards' guns into her dimensional space and searched their pockets, finding two different keys.

"Hey, Little Yu, I've reached the location in Zone B, closer to the 88th street in Zone C," Mu Bai contacted Xie Yu through the radio.

Xie Yu: "Got it, we're nearby. We'll be right there!"

"Yeah, seems like there's some activity inside. I'll check it out; no need to worry about me." Mu Bai added before temporarily cutting off communication, pushing open the gate, and entering.

Externally resembling a residential area converted from a hotel, besides the two guards at the entrance, there was a receptionist in the lobby.

Unaware of the events outside, the receptionist was engrossed in his computer, wearing a disdainful smile.

Mu Bai infiltrated almost soundlessly. When she approached the receptionist, he remained oblivious, with earphones in his ears and excitement in his eyes.

Mu Bai's gaze fell on the computer screen displaying surveillance footage of four hotel rooms. Two rooms contained a group of women huddled in silence, while in the other two, a man smoked and a woman resisted something, tightly wrapped in a blanket.

Mu Bai, with a dark expression, pulled out the recently confiscated gun and, catching the receptionist off guard, shoved it into his mouth.

"Give me the room cards," Mu Bai said in a low voice.

Startled, the receptionist trembled as he looked down, seeing the exposed gun. Shaking even more, he quickly opened a locked drawer and produced a stack of room cards.

"I don't want to repeat myself," Mu Bai said impatiently, and the man, whimpering, rapidly handed over the corresponding room cards.

Mu Bai ignored his pleas, checked the card numbers, and, without hesitation, pulled the trigger, ending the man's life.

Mu Bai's gun lacked a silencer, and she didn't care about potentially alerting others. Taking the room cards, she ascended the emergency staircase, first reaching the sixth floor towards the room with a woman wrapped in a sheet.

After using the card to open the door, Mu Bai heard the sound of running water from the bathroom. The occupant seemed to be in a good mood, singing while taking a shower.