Chapter 7: World One

Inside the room, Sheng Qingyin had a blank expression. She had spent two hours on makeup and styling, all to look her best.

However, what happened? They had only been sitting for about five minutes, and Fu Xing left because of a phone call. It was as if he didn't care about her at all.

Was this the Fu Xing she liked? Could they really have a future together?

Sheng Qingyin's mood began to drop, and when she heard a knock at the door, she didn't pay much attention. She assumed it was a waiter coming to serve the food and casually said, "Come in."

Afterward, Sheng Qingyin noticed that there was someone beside her. When she turned her head to look, she met the smiling eyes of Mu Bai.

"Miss Sheng, long time no see," Mu Bai whispered softly, leaning closer to her ear.

"Why are you here?" Sheng Qingyin asked with a hint of surprise. "Did Fu Xing send you?"

"No, I happened to be nearby and saw Mr. Fu entering here not long ago, and then he left in a hurry," Mu Bai replied, a mixture of truth and falsehood. "I got a bit worried that something might have happened to you, so I came to check."

Sheng Qingyin's face immediately soured. "And then? Now that you've seen me left behind, are you satisfied?"

"Miss Sheng, why do you feel this way? I just think Mr. Fu's behavior is very inappropriate. How can he invite his fiancée for dinner and then leave you behind without a valid reason?" Mu Bai stated as she pulled out a chair and sat down.

"It's not without a valid reason. My brother, Fu Xing, had to attend to company matters," Sheng Qingyin instinctively defended Fu Xing, not wanting to admit that she felt abandoned.

"Well, that's still quite rude. If it were me, Miss Sheng, you would be the most important person in my heart, and I would prioritize you no matter what," Mu Bai said earnestly.

Sheng Qingyin's emotions were stirred by Mu Bai's words, and she lowered her head, her gaze lost in thought.

"Brother Fu Xing is someone who values the bigger picture. He must have left because something very important happened," Sheng Qingyin continued to defend Fu Xing, but her tone was noticeably less resolute, and she was starting to waver.

"I haven't eaten yet, and I was wondering if I'd have the honor of sharing a meal with Miss Sheng?" Mu Bai added, "I'll pay the bill."

"No need," Sheng Qingyin raised her head, regaining her pride and confidence, "the bill has already been settled. Since you seem so eager to have a meal with me, I'll give you a chance."

"Thank you," Mu Bai smiled.

The meal was harmonious, and Mu Bai skillfully maintained the conversation, discussing recent events at work and even sharing her transition from secretary to assistant with Sheng Qingyin.

"Congratulations on the promotion," Sheng Qingyin said with a light smile, finding her conversation with Mu Bai quite enjoyable.

"But as an assistant, I'll encounter more challenges. Will I still be able to seek advice from Miss Sheng?" Mu Bai politely asked, showing a bit of vulnerability.

Sheng Qingyin's movements paused for a moment as she remembered that they hadn't chatted like this for a long time.

"I don't know how you became an assistant; there's so much you don't understand," Sheng Qingyin huffed, "My time is valuable, so don't ask me overly simple questions."

"Alright, thank you," Mu Bai replied with a smile.

Sheng Qingyin put down her chopsticks. "Don't call me Miss Sheng. Call me by my name."