Chapter 100: World Five

Because of Zuo Yue's words, the livestream room immediately erupted into chaos, but the situation quickly changed three minutes later.

Upon hearing that they could move freely, Sheng Qingyin started to explore. She first looked at the collections and then focused on a small but text-heavy introduction to the artifacts.

"An Lie, Marquis, born in the Blood Calendar year 4830, perished at the hands of human friend Zhong Zhong in the year 5761. His body was taken by Zhong Zhong. In the same year, An Lie's son, An Yu, killed Zhong Zhong, avenging his father with the lives of fifty-two members of the Zhong family. In 5762, he retrieved his father's remains and sent the gemstone dagger, treasured by his father, to the castle's collection room."

As Sheng Qingyin spoke, the cameraman received instructions from above and quickly focused the lens on the artifacts and the introduction. In high definition, the text inside was clear to all viewers in the livestream.

After finishing, Sheng Qingyin slowly exhaled, and she also read out the introductions of the two adjacent artifacts. The content was largely similar, documenting vampire marquises who died in the year 5761 and their families seeking revenge in the same year.

After reading the introductions of three artifacts in one breath, the barrage in the livestream room gradually decreased. While some were still discussing the massacre, many viewers, especially those familiar with Zuo Yue's character, began to seriously contemplate.

The history they had always known, was it really history?

Compared to humans with less than a century of life, vampires, as eyewitnesses, should know more, right? They didn't seem to have a reason to lie, considering they didn't deny the Imperial Capital Massacre, and they didn't need to fabricate unnecessary details under the watchful eyes of their ancestors.

The overwhelmingly one-sided barrage quickly changed, with the emotions of netizens rising and falling rapidly. With Mu Bai prepared with the troll army, attacks against the vampire massacre and questioning of human history in the barrage became nearly indistinguishable, leading to a fierce debate, constantly presenting related evidence.

"Phew, these seem a bit too heavy. Let's continue walking and take a look at other collections," Xie Shuo said, noticing the heavy atmosphere. She walked ahead, arriving at a new collection.

As they progressed, the artifacts' ages increased, and the recorded lifespans of vampires became much longer, generally around two thousand years. The reasons for their deaths transformed from assassination and unsuspecting poisonings to more romantic departure reasons.

For example, fulfilling a wish to plant ten thousand flowers, then sleeping in a sea of flowers. The lover's bloodline level was too low, the child had grown up, so they simply followed their lover.

[Um, if the contents recorded here are all true, then the reason vampires turned violent is because of that Emperor, right?]

[No way, this is a vampire's collection room. The one responsible for recording is a vampire, isn't it too certain to say that?]

[Have you noticed that the evidence we can find seems to be official documents and history books after the massacre, but the vampires present solid physical evidence... It's not that I'm biased, but the former can easily be fabricated, while the latter... the possibility is really low.]

[What do you mean by the former? Are you questioning our ancestors? If you love vampires so much, why don't you just go and live with them, becoming a blood slave without self-awareness, controlled by them!]

[There's nothing wrong with that. My cousin was originally going to die from cancer, but after being transformed into a blood slave, his body became much stronger. He can conservatively live for three hundred years! He's now working as a waiter in a store, doing great! Vampires don't have time to control blood slaves. As long as they provide blood at the specified time, it's like donating blood!]