Chapter 31: World Two

"Ah? Are you asking me?" Mu Bai was taken aback for a moment, setting down the two large shopping bags and curiously looking at Sheng Qingyin. Her eyes revealed a hint of surprise.

Sheng Qingyin nodded. Now that they were closer, she realized that this young person bore a striking resemblance to herself but had softer features compared to her.

The young woman had her hair tied up in a simple bun. At first glance, she appeared to have a somewhat distant aura, but upon closer examination, she seemed approachable and lacked any sense of aggression.

"You must be a resident here, right? You can put your things in my car, and I'll take you to the entrance of your apartment building," Sheng Qingyin said, her attitude very friendly.

In a situation where there were no prior acquaintances, encountering someone who looked so much like herself seemed like quite a coincidence.

"Really?" Mu Bai blinked and then a grateful smile appeared on her face. "Thank you, sister. How should I address you? I'm Mu Bai, 'Mu' as in bathing and 'Bai' as in cypress tree."

"My last name is Sheng, 'Sheng' as in blossoming," Sheng Qingyin replied with a hint of amusement. It seemed like these young girls were all so innocent, but didn't they worry that she might be a bad person?

"Thank you, Sister Sheng," Mu Bai sweetly called out and placed the two large shopping bags in the car's trunk. Then, she opened the front passenger door and fastened her seatbelt.

Sheng Qingyin couldn't help but take another look at Mu Bai. If you only looked at her profile, this Mu Bai resembled her by about seventy percent. If Sheng Qingyin didn't know for sure that she was an only child, she might have thought Mu Bai was her long-lost sister.

"What floor do you live on?" Sheng Qingyin asked as she released the brake and slowly started moving the car forward.

"Sister Sheng, I live on the sixth floor. You can just leave the bags at the entrance," Mu Bai replied and secretly assessed Sheng Qingyin with her peripheral vision. "Sister Sheng, do I look a bit like you?"

"You do resemble me somewhat," Sheng Qingyin admitted. It was quite a coincidence that this girl lived in the same building as her.

After driving for about two minutes, Sheng Qingyin stopped the car at the entrance of the sixth building and got out of the car along with Mu Bai.

"Sister Sheng, I can handle this by myself from here. Thank you for taking me this far," Mu Bai said and took the two shopping bags from the trunk.

"It's no trouble. I happen to live in this building as well. Let's go up together," Sheng Qingyin insisted and took the shopping bags that Mu Bai had in her left hand.

As she received them, the weight of the bags instantly made her arm feel stiff.

This young girl must have just moved in; these bags are quite heavy. Sheng Qingyin silently exerted herself, trying not to show any signs of distress.

"Is it too heavy? Should I carry it myself?" Mu Bai asked with a slightly embarrassed expression.

To make her act more authentic, Mu Bai had voluntarily carried things while shopping earlier, and these two bags contained either meat or fruit, making them quite substantial.

"What floor do you live on?" Sheng Qingyin straightened her back to make it look like she wasn't struggling as she moved forward.

As she had asked for these things, and besides, a young girl could carry two large bags, Sheng Qingyin couldn't just let her struggle while she couldn't even manage one bag.