Chapter 98: World Five

Sheng Qingyin didn't expect her grandfather to start with this question, and she spoke with a lack of confidence, "I'm not entirely sure. After Mu Bai discovered me, she didn't do anything to harm me."

"Perhaps she's treating the hostage well?" Sheng Qingyin tentatively suggested.

Grandpa Sheng remained silent, not thinking much about the close relationship between the two, just following his granddaughter's line of thought. "In that case, Mu Bai is indeed a trustworthy ruler."

"During your time in the castle, did you gather any useful information?" Grandpa Sheng asked further.

Sheng Qingyin carefully recalled and selected a piece of relatively unimportant information to share. She also mentioned Mu Bai's deep respect for Gu Yu.

"Gu Yu, she's a vampire not to be trifled with. Although bloodline-wise, she's only a grand duchess, her strength can easily surpass a prince," Grandpa Sheng sighed. "How has she treated you?"

Sheng Qingyin shook her head, "She seems to be quite concerned about my identity, but after Mu Bai said she would use me to exchange for more vampires, she hasn't done anything to me."

Grandpa Sheng asked more detailed questions, and Sheng Qingyin answered selectively. Her inner conflict grew a bit more.

Originally, Sheng Qingyin thought that news of her close relationship with Mu Bai had spread, especially since the Level 4 hunter they encountered had witnessed them holding hands. However, for some reason, people within the guild seemed unaware. Even Jun Lin, who brought her back, didn't mention anything, hindering Sheng Qingyin's plan to confess.

Confession requires courage. Sheng Qingyin was prepared, but only for how to refute questions and then confess.

"You've worked hard. Take a few days off and don't take any missions during this time. The guild members might have some opinions, but try not to let it bother you," Grandpa Sheng said after asking the questions he wanted. He sighed lightly, "You can go back and rest for a few days."

Sheng Qingyin nodded, her hands clenched into fists at her sides. "Grandpa, there's one more thing I need to tell you."

"What is it?" At this moment, Grandpa Sheng was still organizing the information he had just obtained, unaware of what explosive news his granddaughter was about to reveal.

"I think I've fallen for Mu Bai," Sheng Qingyin spoke, then lowered her head, preparing for a scolding.

"Hmm?" Grandpa Sheng didn't react immediately. "What are you saying? Whom do you like?"

Sheng Qingyin's lips moved slightly as she repeated her words, "Mu Bai, I've fallen for Mu Bai."

"What?" Grandpa Sheng stood up abruptly, slamming the table. "Has she cursed you? Did she give you some strange things to eat?"

"No, it's not like that, Grandpa. I like Mu Bai genuinely, subjectively, without any external influence."

"Why are you talking nonsense? How could you possibly like a vampire for no reason!" Grandpa Sheng refused to believe it. His youngest son and daughter-in-law had died at the hands of vampires. How could his only grandchild fall for one?

"You're talking nonsense, child. How could you possibly like a vampire?" Grandpa Sheng was unwilling to accept it. In his subconscious, he attributed all the wrongs to Mu Bai.

"Mu Bai is not breaking her promise. She pledged in the letter that if I release the vampires and ensure the hunters don't attack, she will return you to me unharmed!" Grandpa Sheng was angry, placing all the blame on Mu Bai.