Chapter 85: World Four

"Damn! What's this thing?" Xie Yu was startled by the grayish claw, taking two steps back, caught by Gu Er.

"Be careful," Mu Bai said, guarding Sheng Qingyin as they distanced themselves from the zombie-like creature. "Step back and maintain distance."

Clearly something was wrong. The lock on this warehouse was too crude, probably added later to seal whatever was inside.

The ominous zombie-like growls echoed again, and the grayish claw slowly pushed the door open, revealing the creature's full form.

A creature about two meters tall appeared before them, overall grayish with red glows in its eye whites, its body unnaturally muscular.

More than a zombie, it seemed like a monster – significantly different from the typical undead in both size and appearance.

"Is this a high-level zombie? The evolved form of a second-level zombie, maybe a third-level?" Xie Yu asked, watchful of the creature.

However, the monster didn't exhibit aggressive behavior. Once it left the warehouse, it just stood there, staring blankly upwards at the sun hanging in the sky.

"Should we shoot?" Sheng Qingyin tightly gripped her gun, aiming at the monster's head, hesitating to pull the trigger.

Mu Bai frowned slightly. If she were alone, she would have dealt with this creature immediately. But the situation was different now; this creature didn't seem to be the same species as regular zombies and hadn't shown any signs of aggression.

To maintain her precarious divergence value, she needed to act patiently and amicably.

"Wait for a moment," Mu Bai said, tentatively forming a water ball and tossing it toward the creature's head.

The creature, hit by the water ball, appeared confused. It turned its head slowly, fixing its gaze on Mu Bai and the others.

Groans emanated from the creature's mouth, somewhat similar to a zombie's, but upon closer listening, it revealed significant differences from the usual undead.

"It seems not to be a zombie. It hasn't shown any signs of wanting to feed on us," Mu Bai commented, studying the creature. If not for the distance requirement of her healing ability, she would have approached and tested it herself.

"Then is it a mutated monster?" Xie Yu scratched her head. The creature seemed rather unintelligent, standing there motionless.

"Let's not kill it?" Sheng Qingyin suggested. Even though the creature wasn't a zombie, it clearly wasn't human either.

"Shouldn't we kill it?" Gu Yi asked. The creature, lacking aggression, didn't ease their vigilance. "It's not a zombie, and definitely not human."

Mu Bai hesitated for a moment, took a step forward, and said, "Let me try using my healing ability. Cover me."

Sheng Qingyin's heart tightened. She subconsciously wanted to follow but remembered her lack of abilities and silently withdrew the half-step she had taken.

“Huh—” The monster let out a low growl towards Mu Bai, its body swaying slightly, revealing a sense of unease.

Mu Bai estimated the distance for her ability to work; her true strength now should be around level five. As long as she closed the distance to within two meters, she could provide basic treatment for the injured.

As Mu Bai approached, the other four became tense, fearing that the monster might suddenly attack her.

Soon, Mu Bai and the monster were within two meters of each other. Mu Bai cautiously reached out a hand, attempting to use her ability on the monster.