Chapter 70: World Three

Lu Yifeng didn't know what she should do, but Mu Bai, who had already immersed her body in the bath, was very clear about what she needed to do.

"Qingyin, my back feels a bit sore. Did I accidentally get cut?" Mu Bai asked, leaning on the edge of the bath, eagerly watching Sheng Qingyin.

Sheng Qingyin lowered her head to look at the book. Even if she couldn't focus on a single word, she didn't divert her gaze.

"Injured?" Sheng Qingyin hesitated for a moment, subconsciously looking at Mu Bai after hearing her words. The gazes of the two collided through a thin veil.

"I can't reach it. Qingyin, can you help me take a look?" Mu Bai said, adjusting her position a bit, changing from facing Sheng Qingyin head-on to facing her side.

Sheng Qingyin hesitated and felt a bit worried, but soon her concern for Mu Bai overcame her inner hesitation. If there was a real injury, the wound shouldn't be left submerged in water. Besides, Mu Bai wouldn't take care of herself, and Sheng Qingyin would end up helping her with dressing the wound.

"I'll come over. Don't move randomly," Sheng Qingyin lifted the veil, and the faint mist, along with Mu Bai's pristine arm, was exposed in front of her.

"Alright, do I need to stand up? Will it be unclear in the water?" Mu Bai asked, "Or should I wait until I get out?"

"Wait!" Upon hearing Mu Bai's words, Sheng Qingyin swiftly turned around. "Don't move while in the water. I'll take a look, and that should be enough!"

"Okay, I haven't moved," Mu Bai said, suppressing a smile, and then leaned back down.

After making sure there was no sound of water, Sheng Qingyin slowly turned her body and moved to Mu Bai's side, crouching down at a very slow pace.

The bathwater's surface was clear, free from scattered flower petals, presenting a pristine appearance. After Sheng Qingyin's gaze fell, she easily saw Mu Bai's back through the water.

Don't look down, don't look down!

Sheng Qingyin chanted frantically in her mind, but her gaze followed Mu Bai's spine downward. After seeing a certain area, she hastily moved it back up.

What are you doing! Are you being inappropriate with Mu Bai? You're supposed to be a dignified individual!

Sheng Qingyin reflected on herself at lightning speed, only remembering after a while what she had come to do, focusing on observing Mu Bai's back.

"Mu Bai, where exactly does it hurt? I didn't seem to see any wound," Sheng Qingyin said, her tone trembling unintentionally.

Mu Bai sounded puzzled, "Really? It's just below, near the waist. Qingyin, take a closer look. I still feel a bit of pain."

"Okay," Sheng Qingyin responded, swallowing silently, controlling her gaze from wandering.

After about five breaths, Sheng Qingyin spoke again, "I haven't seen anything, it seems."

"Still nothing?" Mu Bai, puzzled, directly reached for Sheng Qingyin's wrist, turned her back, and placed Sheng Qingyin's hand on her back.

"Right here, I feel a slight stinging. Is there really no wound?" Mu Bai asked.

As Sheng Qingyin's hand was taken away, her center of gravity shifted. If she hadn't had a stable base, she would have almost fallen into the bath with Mu Bai.

Touching the warm skin, Sheng Qingyin subconsciously touched around a bit, speaking somewhat nervously, "There's nothing, I didn't feel anything."

"Still nothing?" Mu Bai's tone became more perplexed. "Could I be mistaken? Did I imagine the pain?"