Chapter 71: World Three [End]

After entering the courtyard, Mu Bai caught a faint scent of alcohol and noticed a bottle of opened but unfinished wine. It seemed to be a good wine from her future father-in-law, a waste to be left untouched like this.

Sighing inwardly, Mu Bai soon arrived at the door. She gently knocked but received no response, so she cautiously pushed it open. The door was unlocked, and with a light sniff, Mu Bai detected a faint smell of alcohol inside the room. It seemed that Lu Yifeng had been drinking the night before.

"Senior Lu, I'm coming in," Mu Bai called out. Opening the door completely, she allowed sunlight to stream into the room.

Lu Yifeng was not lying in bed but sitting with a serious expression. When she saw Mu Bai entering, she glanced at her briefly, then resumed her composure.

Mu Bai raised an eyebrow. Was Lu Yifeng troubled by emotions? What exactly did her master say to her that caused such a heavy blow?

"Senior Lu, my master has returned to Moon Profound Sect," Mu Bai stated, getting straight to the point.

Lu Yifeng sat up abruptly. "Did Mu Jun leave?"

Mu Bai nodded. Meeting Lu Yifeng's gaze, she noticed surprise, anxiety, regret, and self-reproach in her eyes.

"Senior Lu, did Master say something to you?" Mu Bai inquired.

"What did your Master say?" Lu Yifeng asked, her eyes showing a hint of anticipation.

"Master mentioned that I should treat Qingyin well, not to let her down," Mu Bai answered. She wondered what Mu Jun had said to affect Lu Yifeng so deeply.

"Anything else?" Lu Yifeng asked eagerly, not liking the answer she received.

Mu Bai continued, "I informed Master about Senior Lu's situation, but she said... some matters can only be decided by Senior Lu herself. She won't intervene, only hoping that you make the right decisions."

Hearing this, Lu Yifeng instinctively frowned. What did it mean to make the right decisions? Did Mu Jun want her to go to Moon Profound Sect, or did she not want her anymore, asking her to be sensible and stay?

Lu Yifeng rubbed her temples. "Is that all? Did your Master say anything else?"

Mu Bai pondered and then added, "There was one more thing. Master wanted me to convey that she is a responsible person and hopes you will be a responsible person too."

"She said she's a responsible person?" Lu Yifeng couldn't help but stand up, grabbing Mu Bai's shoulder. "She wants to take responsibility?"

Mu Bai hadn't expected Lu Yifeng's reaction to be so intense and could only nod, "Senior Lu, is there something going on between you and my master?"

"No, nothing." Lu Yifeng quickly released Mu Bai's shoulder, trying to change the topic. "By the way, has my master gone to the capital? What about my master's wife? Is there anything I can help with?"

Oh no, how could she explain that she and Mu Jun were in a complicated situation? Should she tell Mu Bai that she was involved with her master?

If it were just Mu Jun, it would be fine. After all, Moon Profound Sect wasn't universally condemned anymore, and having a closer relationship wouldn't be a problem.

But Mu Jun was also the Third Woodswoman! The person she had admired since childhood. How could she be entangled with the Woodswoman she admired?

Her admired Woodswoman couldn't be like Mu Jun, could she? She couldn't accept it! In her eyes, the Woodswoman should be like her master, someone of the same seniority.