Chapter 8: World One

At the end of the performance, Sheng Qingyin received longer applause than the previous two contestants, especially from the handsome blond guy who clapped the hardest, with his hands turning red.

"You are amazing! Are you a professional pianist?" The blond guy's eyes sparkled with admiration. "Your performance just now was absolutely perfect, flawless!"

"Thank you, but I'm just quite familiar with this piece," Sheng Qingyin replied, tilting her chin slightly and a smile playing at the corner of her lips. Her expression clearly showed that she appreciated the compliment from the blond guy.

"Miss, would I have the honor of getting your contact information?" the handsome blond guy asked. He felt like he had encountered his goddess and was smitten.

"You cannot. It's not appropriate for a responsible staff member to request customer contact information," Mu Bai, who had somehow walked over, replaced Sheng Qingyin in rejecting the blond guy.

The blond guy blushed upon hearing this and then apologized with a bow. "I'm sorry, both of you beautiful ladies. Your bills for tonight are on the house. I apologize for the inappropriate request earlier."

Mu Bai nodded and took Sheng Qingyin's hand, graciously saying, "It's okay. You were simply captivated by my good friend's talent, which is quite understandable."

Sheng Qingyin was somewhat surprised by Mu Bai's appearance and didn't know what to think. She allowed Mu Bai to hold her hand as they walked back to their seats before he released it.

"How did I do just now?" Sheng Qingyin asked, her fingers playing with her hair to mask her inner turmoil.

Mu Bai smiled and said, "I've never learned the piano, but my ears tell me that it loved the sound from earlier. If possible, I'd love to listen a little longer."

"That's not hard. I practice the piano every day, so I can record a piece and send it to you," Sheng Qingyin said casually, but she felt a bit of relief and stopped fidgeting with her hair.

To make her performance worthwhile, Sheng Qingyin asked the waiter for the menu and ordered the dishes she couldn't afford before due to their high prices.

"The additional dishes are also complimentary, right?" Sheng Qingyin confirmed.

"Of course, no matter how much you order, it's all on the house," the waiter said with a smile. Given that Sheng Qingyin's performance was captured by many people earlier, if it was shared online, it would surely generate significant buzz for the restaurant.

Under these circumstances, Sheng Qingyin could easily order several more dishes, and the staff believed the owner wouldn't mind at all.

Sheng Qingyin nodded and set the menu aside after ordering two dishes. She didn't particularly care about eating; it was just a rare opportunity for a free meal, so she wanted to make the most of it.

Mu Bai observed Sheng Qingyin's actions and whispered, "In that case, this meal is on you again, and next time, please let me pay."

"Sure, next time I'll choose the place, and you can handle the bill," Sheng Qingyin agreed with a nod.

Mu Bai's eyes curved as she smiled, saying, "Great."

Mu Bai's new car was a recently released model on the Volkswagen platform. Its exterior was silver-white, with an unremarkable appearance, focusing on safety and stability.

"After the promotion, did your salary increase?" Sheng Qingyin opened the car door and sat in the passenger seat. She adjusted the seat and conscientiously fastened her seatbelt.

I'm competing with the male lead for the supporting character. [GL] जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें