Chapter 2: World One

After successfully becoming WeChat friends, Mu Bai didn't rush to bring their relationship closer. Instead, she started with routine morning and evening greetings.

Perhaps out of boredom, or maybe because Sheng Qingyin had good manners, she occasionally replied to Mu Bai's messages. The frequency wasn't high, with responses every two to three days or so.

This continued for about two weeks, and Mu Bai's messages gradually increased in number. Between the morning and evening greetings, she began discussing work-related issues. From the perspective of a respectful younger colleague, she asked Sheng Qingyin for advice.

Mu Bai: Miss Sheng, do you know about Leap Group? Do you know what the CEO of Leap Group likes?

Buzz... The phone on the table vibrated, and Sheng Qingyin instinctively furrowed her brow. Why was she messaging again? Another question? She didn't even know what the CEO of Leap Group liked? Everyone in their circle knew he spent tens of millions every year on antique purchases.

Sheng Qingyin made a disgusted expression, but her fingers quickly tapped on the keyboard to respond to Mu Bai's message.

What a naive person, such a shallow knowledge base. She's even a graduate from a prestigious university, but at this rate, it will be challenging for her to make it through her internship.

Mu Bai: Admiration.jpg

Mu Bai: Miss Sheng, you're so amazing! How do you know everything! [Star-struck face]

Upon seeing Mu Bai's response, Sheng Qingyin's lips curled slightly, but her fingers moved even faster on the keyboard.

Sheng Qingyin: These are common knowledge. How can you not understand these things? Can you really be a good secretary for Brother Fu Xing like this? Don't hold him back.

Mu Bai: I will work hard, thank you, Miss Sheng, for your help. I will inform Mr. Fu in a while that we can bid on an antique at tomorrow's auction, which we can later gift to the CEO of Leap Group.

Tomorrow's auction? Sheng Qingyin's typing speed slowed down. She responded somewhat perfunctorily with an emoji and then switched to another chat window to ask friends about upcoming auctions in the city.

Not receiving a reply from Sheng Qingyin, Mu Bai also put away her phone and picked up some documents to review.

The auction tomorrow will be held in the same city. Sheng Qingyin would likely find out the specific details soon, and securing an invitation should be straightforward.

Mu Bai's gaze fell on the third item in the auction, a sky-blue glazed bottle with purple spots, dating back to the Northern Song Jun kiln. It was something the CEO of Leap Group would appreciate.

The starting bid for the Jun kiln porcelain was three million, and the final price would likely double.

After gazing at the Jun kiln porcelain for a while, Mu Bai's eyes shifted to the contact number at the end. She hesitated for three seconds and then took out her phone again, dialing the number.

---

Mu Bai had accompanied Fu Xing as his assistant secretary. When she saw that he had prepared a gown for her, she promptly declined, "Mr. Fu, formal attire will suffice. I don't need a gown."

"You can wear formal attire for the auction, but for the evening banquet where you'll accompany me, you need to wear a gown," Fu Hang replied. He gestured to a store assistant to bring the gown over. "Last time, you mentioned not liking backless dresses, right? This time, I've chosen a more conservative style for you. You should be comfortable with this one, right?"