Chapter 17: World One

Just as Sheng Qingyin sat up, propping herself with her hands to execute her escape plan, the bedroom door was opened by Mu Bai.

Upon seeing Sheng Qingyin's bewildered gaze, Mu Bai's face also turned red, but it wasn't just embarrassment; it was a blush mixed with shyness and guilt.

"Qingyin, about what happened last night, I couldn't resist, I'm sorry..." Mu Bai lowered her head after speaking, looking as if she had done something wrong. "If you want to scold me, go ahead..."

"You can do whatever you want to me, but can you please not ignore me? I just... couldn't help myself..." Mu Bai sniffled as she spoke, appearing on the verge of tears out of remorse.

Sheng Qingyin blinked her eyes, feeling that the current situation was somewhat off.

While she was the one who wanted to escape, wasn't she the one who ended up at a disadvantage last night? Why did Mu Bai look like she was about to cry? Did she do something really awful to Mu Bai last night?

"No, it's my fault," Sheng Qingyin said, but her voice was still hoarse, and she quickly fell into silence.

The bottom line remained that even though she had initiated things last night, in the end, she was the one who had been thoroughly taken advantage of.

"Do you want some water?" Mu Bai asked cautiously.

Sheng Qingyin nodded slowly, feeling an urge to lie back down and cover her head with the blanket.

The apartment Mu Bai bought was quite small, with a total area of no more than 80 square meters. She turned around and prepared a cup of hot water, taking no more than a minute.

Sheng Qingyin accepted the cup and sat cross-legged on the bed, sipping it slowly.

"Qingyin, are you hungry? Would you like something to eat?" Mu Bai asked, keeping her possessiveness hidden, with an expression still filled with guilt and self-blame.

Sheng Qingyin lowered her head to sneak a glance down, and through her loose neckline, she could faintly see some ambiguous marks left from last night on her body.

When her gaze shifted to Mu Bai, she also noticed numerous little red marks on her neck, all the result of her actions last night.

"Ahem, I am indeed a little hungry. I'd like some noodles, is that okay?" After a few sips of warm water, Sheng Qingyin's voice sounded slightly better, but it still had a husky quality.

"Sure, I'll make it right away," Mu Bai nodded, her face still slightly red, and she added, "If you're tired, you can rest a bit more. It's Saturday today."

Sheng Qingyin nodded absently, still avoiding eye contact with Mu Bai, especially not daring to gaze at her lips. In the end, she chose to act like an ostrich, placing the tea cup aside and lying flat on the bed.

Perhaps due to the somewhat prolonged 'battle' last night, Sheng Qingyin could still smell her own scent in the room, and it was quite distinct from Mu Bai's.

Once Mu Bai considerately closed the door and left, Sheng Qingyin had the time to carefully reflect and think about what had happened last night. She must have been quite exhausted; even though she was mostly lying down, certain actions had still taken a toll on her energy.

Thinking about what happened last night, Sheng Qingyin blushed again and even felt some residual sensations in certain areas, causing her body to shiver involuntarily.

After about five minutes of reminiscing, Sheng Qingyin, with a bright red face, lifted the blanket and fumbled to grab her phone from the nearby cabinet.