Chapter 76: World Four

When Mu Bai and Xie Yu returned with a load of supplies, Gu Yi had successfully made it back to Base Three and promptly reported his 'investigation' findings. Colonel Sheng was currently alive and well, basking in the glory of an honorable injury. Following a brief meeting by the base management, a unanimous decision was reached. They assigned the task of obtaining medication to Gu Yi, granting him plenty of supplies and even approving firearms and ammunition.

Due to the inter-provincial nature of the mission, the management granted Gu Yi the authority to recruit personnel. Additionally, they offered rewards in points for each person he selected, with a reward of one thousand points per person who completed the mission.

Following his inner 'voice,' Gu Yi wasted no time and headed straight to Base 86, inquiring whether Mu Bai and Xie Yu would join his team.

"Go to the First Hospital in Province B?" Xie Yu was quickly persuaded. "It's just a week according to the plan, right? And we can get free weapons and vehicles?"

Gu Yi nodded. "I can provide you with weapons, but the vehicles have to be returned after use. If you two are willing to join, I'll arrange a car for each of you. Our team will consist of nine people with three vehicles."

"Will Gu Er go too?" Xie Yu asked.

Gu Yi hesitated for a moment. "Yes, our team of seven members will all go, including Gu Er. Then it's the two of you."

Originally, according to the predetermined timeline, there should have been fifteen people on this mission. Adding Sheng Qingyin later on, there were five companions saved by Saintly Mu Bai on the way. However, since Mu Bai deviated from the world line, arriving at Base Three eleven days early, these companions were likely affected by the butterfly effect and not present.

After Mu Bai and Xie Yu agreed on the plan with Gu Yi, there was a knock on the door.

"Come in," Xie Yu said, opening the door to find Sheng Qingyin. She looked surprised. "Qingyin, why are you here?"

Sheng Qingyin pursed her lips, glanced inside through the crack in the door, and fixed her gaze on Mu Bai and Gu Yi.

"Are you going to complete a mission?" Sheng Qingyin asked.

"Uh, Qingyin, did you hear about it too?" Xie Yu was unaware and spilled the beans. "Captain Gu invited us to temporarily join his team. We're setting out for the First Hospital in Province B tomorrow. It's a round trip in a week, and we can earn a thousand points each."

"Miss Sheng," Gu Yi spoke, "please believe me; we will bring back the medicine."

"Huh?" Xie Yu was puzzled for a moment. "Is this mission issued by Miss Sheng?"

Sheng Qingyin didn't answer Xie Yu's question. Instead, she looked at Mu Bai. "Mu Bai, can I join you? I want to drive for you."

Before Mu Bai could respond, Gu Yi stood up. "No, I promised the Colonel. I can't let Miss Sheng take risks. Moreover, the Colonel needs Miss Sheng to take care of her; she should stay at the base."

Sheng Qingyin stubbornly looked at Mu Bai. "Mu Bai, can I join you?"

Mu Bai blinked and, finding herself the center of attention, touched her nose. "I personally welcome Qingyin to join us."

Seeing the anticipation in Sheng Qingyin's eyes, Mu Bai, whose resolve was already wavering, became even less steadfast. "Captain Gu, since Qingyin wants to go, let's add one more person, shall we? Qingyin can be in the same car as us, and I'll protect her."

Gu Yi frowned, highly disapproving of Mu Bai's words. "It's too dangerous. Miss Sheng has no abilities, no professional training, and the outside environment is extremely harsh. It's not something Miss Sheng can adapt to."