Chapter 72: World Four

Having learned from the incomplete timeline last time, after Mu Bai completed the world jump this time, she didn't even accept the memories and directly asked 045 for the world line.

This time, Mu Bai's luck was neither good nor bad. The good part was that this world line was very complete, revealing how she would spend three years saving the world.

Yes, saving the world. Mu Bai currently found herself in a small world that was about to enter an apocalypse. Tonight, a large-scale meteor shower carrying an unknown virus would appear.

The meteor shower didn't land on the ground but dissipated in the atmosphere, filling the atmosphere with the virus. Following that, there would be heavy rain near sunrise, letting the virus fall from the sky onto the ground, spreading across every corner of the world.

On the first day after the heavy rain, media reports began mentioning patients with a disease similar to rabies. Soon, experts suspected it to be a new virus brought by the meteor.

On the second day, the number of patients with rabies-like symptoms increased, and the initial group also underwent physical mutations, becoming similar to zombies in apocalyptic movies. Human flesh and blood were highly attractive to them.

Fortunately, this virus did not adapt to the new environment. Without successfully invading the human body, it would automatically die within seventy-two hours, with an incubation period of only twenty-four hours. So, starting from the fifth day, the main mode of transmission became through zombie-to-human contact.

Of course, as some mutated towards becoming zombies, others mutated into superhumans. The probabilities, however, differed by almost ten thousand times between the two outcomes.

Due to the randomness of mutations and the risk of infection through bites, on the tenth day after the heavy rain, which was also declared the first day of the apocalypse by governments worldwide, the central authorities decisively delegated power to local governments. With the cooperation of the military, they began establishing survivor bases of various sizes.

Mu Bai was very lucky. She was not infected by the virus and became one of the rare superhumans. On the third day, she gained spatial and healing abilities, belonging to someone without much self-defense ability but would be protected desperately by companions.

The subsequent world lines were straightforward. With the protection of her companions, Mu Bai upgraded all the way. When she raised her healing ability to level ten, which was the maximum level, she could extract antibodies from the virus using her abilities, becoming a true savior and ending the apocalypse.

That's the good part. As for the bad part, it's the personality exhibited by Mu Bai in this world line.

An overly kind, indecisive, easily swayed, overly sympathetic, and hesitant girl—the so-called White Lotus Saint. Encountering someone injured, she would save them; if someone was in trouble, she would help them. Even if it was an enemy, as long as they sincerely apologized, she would waver and extend a helping hand, perfectly embodying repaying enmity with kindness.

Mu Bai quickly finished reviewing the original world line, and suddenly didn't feel like opening her eyes.

Every time she opened her eyes, it was in a post-apocalyptic small world, but this character setting was something she had never encountered before.

In the previous post-apocalyptic worlds she experienced, she was also a savior, but not by healing the world. Instead, she simply obliterated the zombie king. As long as the zombies were cleared, the concept of saving the world naturally didn't exist.

"045, how much deviation is allowed in character setting?" Mu Bai sighed softly in her mind, trying to accept the reality.

"Host, initially, it's twenty percent. But the host can gradually adjust; it's normal for the character to change abruptly in the apocalypse," 045 comforted.