Chapter 18: World One

Sheng Qingyin knew her thoughts might be a bit naive, but she had been pampered and never really faced challenges. The only time she had felt awkward was in front of Fu Xing.

So Sheng Qingyin didn't think her idea was unattainable. She realized the process might be challenging, but she believed that as long as she remained firm, her parents would prioritize her happiness and make concessions.

"Really?" Mu Bai's eyes lit up. This was not a pretense; she was genuinely delighted.

Sheng Qingyin nodded, feeling relieved after sharing her true thoughts. "But there's something else I need to take care of. Once that's settled, we can officially start dating."

"Don't worry; it won't take long. I'll have it sorted out before New Year's," Sheng Qingyin assured, determined to treat Mu Bai seriously, as she deserved.

"Great," Mu Bai nodded, slightly excited. She had something to handle as well, and before New Year's, she needed to deal with Fu Xing.

After the impulsive moment, a shy feeling overwhelmed Sheng Qingyin once more. Uncertain about what to say next, she picked up her chopsticks and started to eat her belated lunch.

As the noodles touched her tongue, Sheng Qingyin's movements momentarily froze, but then she began to eat with increased speed. In less than five minutes, she had devoured the noodles and most of the soup.

"Delicious!" Sheng Qingyin affirmed Mu Bai's culinary skills.

Mu Bai blushed slightly, smiled at her, and said, "If you like it, I can cook for you in the future."

Cook for herself every day? Sheng Qingyin's eyes brightened, and she nodded vigorously.

Unfortunately, happy moments are always short-lived. After finishing their meal, Sheng Qingyin had to get up, bid farewell to Mu Bai, and get into the car that had come to pick her up.

"Wait for me. I'll sort things out, and then I'll come find you," Sheng Qingyin leaned against the window, reached out her hand to wave, not wanting to part from Mu Bai.

"Yeah, I'll wait for you." Mu Bai took a step forward, smiled, and waved back, watching Sheng Qingyin until she was out of sight.

-

After parting ways with Sheng Qingyin, Mu Bai plunged into her work, putting in extra hours to get things done.

Receiving the transfer notice didn't come as much of a surprise to Mu Bai. She didn't even bother to inquire about Fu Xing's intentions. She efficiently packed her things and moved from the top-floor office to the 20th floor, where the administrative department was located.

Fortunately, her previous efforts were well-recognized by the entire company. Even with her transfer to the administrative department, she wasn't treated as an ordinary employee. Instead, she became the manager of the department, responsible for employee benefits, vacation planning, various welfare meetings, and overseeing nearly twenty subordinates.

To appease Mu Bai, her salary remained the same, and she even received a 30% raise, which was almost 50% higher than the previous manager's salary.

"Manager Mu, Mr. Fu wants to hold an award ceremony soon. This is the previous process. Please take a look and see if any modifications are needed," the assistant manager said, with a respectful tone.

Mu Bai reviewed the document and noticed that most of the people who participated in the new product development had received awards. Why did she say "most"? It was because her name wasn't on the list.

In terms of effort, she had worked almost as hard as Mr. Fu himself. It only seemed fair for her to receive an award.

"Did Mr. Fu decide on the awards?" Mu Bai asked, not particularly concerned about receiving an award herself but more curious about Fu Xing's choices. She found him rather arrogant and lacking in humility.