Chapter 25: World One

The confrontation between Fu Xing and Mu Bai didn't last too long. With the arrival of a large number of law enforcement officers, everyone on the scene was escorted to relevant law enforcement departments for separate questioning.

Because Mu Bai had provided the evidence, she had a longer period of questioning and it didn't conclude until nearly midnight.

"Thank you very much for your cooperation! If you have any more information, please be sure to contact us promptly!" The team leader followed up with a cheerful tone, "If the recovery is successful, there should be a bonus of ten thousand yuan."

"For the bonus, I'll rely on you, Team Leader, to sell some things and distribute them to everyone. Thanks to you and your fair enforcement, I've avoided being wrongly accused," Mu Bai said, cooperating with the situation. Given the change in the team leader's stance, there was no need to press certain matters.

"That won't do. Each must go to its rightful place. This is a reward for citizens assisting our law enforcement department. I must personally hand it to the citizens," the team leader's smile deepened, and it was evident he grasped Mu Bai's deeper intent.

Mu Bai nodded, "In that case, I'll be sure to have custom-made banners sent over as a token of my gratitude."

The team leader's eyes were almost reduced to a narrow slit with his smiling, "You're too kind. These are things we ought to do. We will never wrong any innocent person and won't let any lawbreakers escape!"

Dealing with intelligent people is indeed comforting. This way, Mu Bai only needed to hold her ground against Fu Xing without worrying about betrayal.

After exchanging pleasantries with the team leader and exiting, the first person Mu Bai saw was Sheng Qingyin, seated in a chair. She seemed to have been waiting for quite a while and was getting a bit drowsy, tilting her head against the chair's backrest as her head slowly descended.

Just as Mu Bai approached with light footsteps, Sheng Qingyin suddenly lifted her head as if she had sensed something, and her eyes opened with a dazed look.

"Is it over?" Sheng Qingyin rubbed her eyes, stood up from her seat, and walked over to Mu Bai.

"It's over. I've entrusted all the follow-up matters to the lawyer. We just need to wait for updates," Mu Bai replied. She took a step forward, encircling Sheng Qingyin in her arms, allowing Sheng Qingyin's head to rest on her shoulder.

Mu Bai asked softly, "Tired?"

"A little bit. Let's go home quickly," lingering sleepiness prompted Sheng Qingyin to stifle a yawn, and her eyes became moist with the tears that form due to drowsiness. "I asked Xia Qi and the others to go ahead."

"Alright," Mu Bai nodded. "Should I carry you?"

"No need, I can walk on my own." Sheng Qingyin said, propping herself up from Mu Bai's embrace and quietly added, "After all, I'm the one who should be taking you home. How could I let you carry me?"

Mu Bai chuckled, understanding the situation. Sheng Qingyin wasn't just drowsy; she had also been triggered by Xia Qi's earlier words. The competitiveness that had arisen then had not subsided.

"Then, let's go back together." Mu Bai couldn't resist reaching out to pinch Sheng Qingyin's cheek. She looked too adorable in her drowsy state.

Sheng Qingyin, after having her cheek pinched, pouted slightly in dissatisfaction. "There are too many people here. Let's go home quickly."

"Alright, let's go home." Mu Bai held Sheng Qingyin's hand and took out the scarf she had prepared in her bag, helping her put it on. Finally, she discreetly looked around, ensuring there were no surveillance cameras or onlookers, before swiftly planting a kiss on Sheng Qingyin's lips.