Chapter 44: World Two

With the long-awaited opportunity presented before her, Mu Bai wasn't about to let it slip away. She wasted no time in capitalizing on the situation.

"Sister Sheng, if I'm going on a business trip the day after tomorrow, do we just need to book one room?" Mu Bai asked, tilting her head slightly and looking at Sheng Qingyin. The joy in her eyes was almost overflowing.

Sheng Qingyin wanted to shake her head to refuse, but recalling her earlier words, she could only nod with a stern face, "The hotel doesn't need to be arranged by the publishing house. Choose one with a higher price and better service."

"Okay, I'll pick a hotel close to the signing event location," Mu Bai responded, unable to contain her happiness. Although her expression matched Sheng Qingyin's sternness, the delight in her eyes was evident.

"You mentioned the itinerary earlier. Send me a detailed document, and I'll have my staff make arrangements in advance," Sheng Qingyin said, standing up and then calmly sitting back in her seat.

"Sure, I'll send it to you right away." Mu Bai took out her phone from her pocket and started searching for the messages her editor had sent.

After forwarding the document to Sheng Qingyin, Mu Bai scooted her chair forward and eagerly looked at Sheng Qingyin.

"What's the matter?" Sheng Qingyin wiped her glasses with a cloth and put them back on.

Mu Bai blinked and stared at Sheng Qingyin for a while before finally speaking, "Since I'm already a special person, should we share a room tonight?"

"Huh?" Sheng Qingyin was taken aback, her surprise evident. Hadn't they just broken through that almost impenetrable barrier, and now Mu Bai was being so proactive?

"Is it not allowed?" Mu Bai's tone carried anticipation. "I want to sleep with you, Sister Sheng, starting tonight and for all our tomorrows."

Sheng Qingyin's hand gripped the frame of her glasses and held on for a while before releasing it. "The weight of the word 'forever' is quite heavy. Don't make promises lightly."

"So, can we sleep together tonight?" Mu Bai filtered out Sheng Qingyin's feigned restraint and reason, heading straight to the point.

Sheng Qingyin sighed and looked slightly helpless. "Well, in a little while, I'll buy the room across from us and see if we can knock down the wall to combine them."

"Great! I remember our bedrooms are quite close. If that wall isn't load-bearing, we can have a very large bedroom!" Mu Bai responded enthusiastically, already preparing to embrace a bright future.

Of course, the first thing to embrace after clarifying their relationship was their first night together.

Sheng Qingyin shook her head lightly and, seeing Mu Bai's happy expression, began to doubt. Mu Bai must be quite decisive, right? Did she understand whether it was dependence or affection?

Honestly, Sheng Qingyin didn't have a strict preference for her partner's gender. She valued compatibility, whether her partner improved her quality of life, and whether they made her happy. Clearly, Mu Bai met all her requirements, especially her culinary skills, which was enough to make Sheng Qingyin's heart flutter.

Not to mention Mu Bai's other qualities, especially her positive and upbeat attitude towards life. Mu Bai was like someone filled with happiness, and most of the time, Sheng Qingyin felt her positive emotions radiating from her.

The only time Mu Bai showed a slightly negative emotion was on the day of the thunderstorm. Mu Bai had huddled in Sheng Qingyin's arms, begging her not to leave.