Chapter 67: World Three

Due to the set threshold, the number of participants in the Martial Arts Tournament isn't particularly high. Following Sheng Xun's arranged list and competition format, it can be concluded in just five days.

The initial days are for guarding the platforms. There are a hundred platforms in total, and each person has one chance per day to challenge the platform's defender. After the designated time, the one hundred successful defenders can proceed to the subsequent two days of one-on-one matches.

The one-on-one matches use a drawing system to select opponents. Being defeated twice in a row results in elimination. After eliminating seventy participants, a stricter rule comes into play – losing a single match leads to elimination.

Mu Bai is quite satisfied with this format. On the first day, like most participants, she observed quietly. Initially, she chose a position with excellent visibility to assess her potential opponents and consider which platform would be suitable to conquer.

By the second day, Mu Bai finally took action. To avoid being seen as an easy target, she directly challenged the current strongest defender, kicking down a seventh-ranked contender who hadn't lost since the tournament began.

"She's so strong. Who is she? Why haven't I heard of her before?" Onlookers couldn't help but exclaim. In the martial arts world, there are only a few young individuals with high levels of cultivation, and it seems like they can't match this newcomer.

"I know a bit about her. Lady Mu is the adopted daughter recognized by the Alliance Leader's wife a month ago. She has been staying at the Alliance Leader's residence, and I heard her relationship with Lady Sheng is extremely good."

"This information can be easily gathered if you've spent some time in Jinling City; it's not really a secret. If you want to know more about this Lady Mu, why not ask me? I know a lot more than the average person." A scholarly-looking man spoke.

"How so? What's the background of this Lady Mu?" The onlookers couldn't resist asking.

The scholar stroked his short beard, not immediately responding, just smiling while looking at the inquiring crowd.

The onlookers quickly understood the situation and handed over a small piece of silver.

"This Lady Mu is a disciple brought out by a hermit master. Look over there. The person wearing a mask is Lady Mu's master, named Mu Jun," the scholar smoothly pocketed the silver and continued, "Her strength is not beneath the Alliance Leader, also a master at the Junior Grandmaster level."

The martial artists watching widened their eyes. They asked, "If she's a master at the Junior Grandmaster level, how could she be an unknown figure? Who exactly is Lady Mu's master?"

"I don't know about that. I happened to learn about the master's strength by chance," the scholar said. He didn't know much, so he didn't demand much money either.

If he truly knew Mu Jun's background, he would have exchanged that information for a larger sum. Why bother with these small earnings?

Similar scenes and conversations unfolded in various places after Mu Bai became a platform defender. People became curious about Mu Bai's background and started paying attention to Mu Jun's actions.

Noticing the increased gazes directed at her, Mu Jun squinted slightly. She casually surveyed the surroundings, memorizing a few conspicuous 'scholars' in her mind.

Daring to profit from information about her and Mu Bai, did these people really think that with more of them doing this, Mu Bai would just ignore it?

Quite laughable.