Chapter 39: World Two

After promising the game company that she would submit the proposal on Saturday, Mu Bai began working tirelessly. Apart from the time spent with Sheng Qingyin, she hardly left her computer, either writing or drawing.

Once she had the rough outline and proposal ready, she handed it over to 045 to help with proofreading and polishing for a more professional look.

As for character illustrations, Mu Bai didn't put a lot of detail into them; they were simple sketches with coloring. However, even so, her work outshone her peers, causing quite a stir when shared with others.

Sheng Qingyin could sense Mu Bai's busyness because, after dinner, Mu Bai didn't invite her to model but suggested working together.

Since their dining room, which had become Mu Bai's makeshift studio, couldn't accommodate both of them working, Mu Bai entered Sheng Qingyin's study after dinner, and they sat facing each other, working on their respective projects.

Mu Bai couldn't help but get distracted a few times, despite her exceptional concentration, because the person she liked was right in front of her. She found Sheng Qingyin to be particularly attractive, especially when she was focused on work and wearing glasses. It added a touch of restraint, making Mu Bai want to peer into her inner world and intrude.

Initially, Mu Bai planned to steal a few glances, but thinking about something Sheng Qingyin had told her, she openly observed her.

In this way, Mu Bai would work for twenty minutes, then pause for five minutes to admire Sheng Qingyin's beauty. It made the working experience truly delightful.

Naturally, Sheng Qingyin noticed Mu Bai's scrutiny. Initially, she felt slightly nervous, but soon she got used to it. Mu Bai's gaze was very pure, filled with admiration and affection, devoid of any negative emotions that Sheng Qingyin might dislike.

Despite the absence of direct communication between them while working in the study, the atmosphere was harmonious, even better than when they shared meals together.

After a busy week, Mu Bai finished everything a half day early and sent it all off. She also sent a message via WeChat.

Perhaps due to the other side working late, the game company's response was quick, and they called within half an hour.

"Would you like to join us as the project leader, Miss Mu? This idea is simply brilliant! Your character illustrations are outstanding! Our art director is even saying they want to learn from you!" The caller this time was the CEO, who immediately extended an olive branch.

"As the project leader, we can offer a share of the project's profits. After deducting operating costs, we can offer you 20% of the project's profits, Miss Mu, what do you think?"

The CEO's tone was enthusiastic, and given his relatively young age, he quickly revealed all the details in a few hundred words.

"As the project leader, I may not be able to commit that much, but I can lend my name and occasionally participate in discussions," Mu Bai said as she gently closed the study door and leaned against the door frame.

"As for the character illustrations, we can go with the price of 50,000 yuan per piece, and we'll calculate separately," Mu Bai's tone was composed, and she didn't seem swayed by the CEO's olive branch.

"No problem, but in that case, the profit share will be reduced," the CEO said, realizing that Mu Bai's popularity wouldn't warrant too much reduction. "How about we offer you 12% of the profits, Miss Mu?"

"Agreed, but I have a small request. I'd like to incorporate some soft advertisements in the future that won't disrupt the main storyline," Mu Bai responded readily.