Chapter 24: World One

"Two billion in tax evasion!!" The enforcement team leader couldn't hold back and yelled, immediately putting aside any benefits promised by Fu Xing to himself, and turned to his subordinates, saying, "Contact the headquarters right away, send someone over!"

Two billion! That's a whopping two billion! It's not only enough to make amends for his own actions, but perhaps he could even use this money to climb the ladder.

With this in mind, the enforcement team leader quickly rushed to the computer, swiftly scanning the images in the folder to ensure they were genuine receipts. After confirming, he took out a USB drive from his pocket and began backing up the files.

Fu Xing was the slowest to react. Seeing the enforcement team leader's eyes gleaming as he started copying the files, he felt his vision darken and almost passed out.

"What just happened?" Fu Xing clenched his fists, his voice trembling as he questioned his assistant, "What have you done?!"

Why would there be something like this in the confidential folder? Could the assistant be a real corporate spy? It couldn't be! The assistant has been with Heng Feng for ten years! How could he possibly betray him?

The assistant's situation wasn't any better than Fu Xing's. He stood there in a daze, still not understanding why the encrypted files he had placed there were so easily opened by Mu Bai, revealing a series of receipts.

"It's impossible, I... I clearly..." The assistant's words trailed off, and then he suddenly realized, falling silent.

Meeting Fu Xing's enraged gaze, the assistant's heart trembled. Thinking about the things Fu Xing had once asked him to do, he rushed forward and pulled the enforcement team leader aside.

At this moment, the assistant displayed astonishing strength. Not only did he overpower the enforcement team leader, but he also kicked the other two enforcement team members who came to help, sending them sprawling to the ground.

After obtaining the USB drive, the assistant threw it on the ground and smashed it with his foot. Then, he grabbed an office chair and ruthlessly shattered the computer's main unit.

Before being subdued by others, the assistant also grabbed the potted plant on the table and emptied all the water onto the now thoroughly wrecked main unit, rendering it utterly unusable.

As the assistant suddenly erupted, Mu Bai shielded Sheng Qingyin and took a step back with her people. Once it was confirmed that they wouldn't be affected, Mu Bai and Sheng Qingyin watched the scene unfold. They saw the assistant taking on three opponents single-handedly, with moves as fierce as a tiger, and ultimately being pinned down by the furious team leader.

Not only did his glasses fly off, but his features were also distorted under the weight, revealing the team leader's seething anger.

"Quick, retrieve the hard drive and save it!" the team leader gritted his teeth, wishing he could go back just two minutes and apprehend the people first, and then copy the files.

"Team leader, it's already smashed, the contents... we probably can't recover them," a team member said with a disheartened tone.

"You're under arrest! Suspected of obstructing official duties!" The team leader shouted hoarsely, using handcuffs in a very rough manner to detain the individual.

Fu Xing breathed a sigh of relief upon seeing this, simultaneously dispelling his suspicions about the assistant. Destruction was enough; as long as there was no direct evidence, there was room for control.

"Uh, do you need me to provide evidence?" Mu Bai added, seeing the look of relief on Fu Xing's face.

"What?" The team leader abruptly turned around and, upon seeing Mu Bai, he reacted as if he had glimpsed a ray of hope, his eyes filled with intense emotion.