Chapter 69: World Three

With Flying Fish Robe's leader dead, the soldiers below began to panic. After their minor leader was dealt with, the remaining ordinary soldiers facing the martial artists here were basically walking into their own deaths.

These soldiers lacked even the martial prowess of a fifth-grade realm, while the martial artists on the scene were at least sixth-grade realm and above. Anyone could easily defeat them, resulting in a rapid fall of soldiers.

Those with higher realms calmed down after taking out the leaders and chose to stop fighting.

However, those who had just regained consciousness after previously fainting were different. After a moment of fear, they immediately joined the fray, fighting more ruthlessly than anyone else. Some even continued to attack soldiers who had already dropped their weapons and surrendered, seeking revenge.

Xing Xun, whose limbs were disabled, wasn't faring well either. If it weren't for Lu Yifeng temporarily placing him aside due to their previous relationship, he would probably have been hacked to death by now.

But Xing Xun clearly didn't appreciate this gesture. He glared fiercely at Lu Yifeng and Lord Sheng. If the hatred in his eyes could materialize, they would have been stabbed dozens of times.

Although Xing Xun was a pawn used by others, Lu Yifeng could only ensure she kept his life temporarily. She couldn't and didn't want to do more.

Mu Jun watched the scene with a hint of disdain in her eyes. The so-called Central Plains martial artists were nothing special. In the heat of the moment, each of them discarded their usual hypocritical masks, hands stained with blood without pause.

Lord Sheng also noticed this quickly, intervening to stop their actions. He even knocked out several bloodthirsty individuals, barely bringing an end to the chaotic battle.

"Control these surrendering soldiers. Once it's daylight, I'll go to the authorities to seek justice," Lord Sheng said, trying to calm the people present.

"Lord, we should investigate why the members of the Demon Sect infiltrated the Central Plains. This matter needs clarification!" A certain sixth-grade disciple from the Wudang Clan, unfamiliar with the situation, spoke cautiously, looking at Mu Jun and Mu Bai with suspicion. "Is it possible that the Demon Sect colluded with the court, then betrayed them, confusing..."

Thud—

Before the Wudang disciple could finish his sentence, his head took a heavy blow, causing tears to well up from the pain. He stared at his second elder in utter bewilderment.

"Shut up! If it weren't for Moon Profound Sect helping us, we would have been shot dead already," the second elder said sternly, his words harsh. "If you still have basic principles and integrity, apologize immediately for your earlier words."

The Wudang disciple felt somewhat wronged; wasn't their second elder usually the one who detested the Demon Sect the most? Tonight, he had suddenly changed his stance, appearing protective of the Demon Sect.

"If you're unwilling, then leave Wudang," the second elder said, his tone indifferent.

"Elder, disciple didn't mean it that way!" The Wudang disciple panicked and quickly began to apologize, bowing repeatedly.

Mu Jun remained silent, sitting in her seat, watching the farce with a half-smile.

It seemed that her reputation from her exploits in the Central Plains before was quite useful. Even though she had transformed into the leader of Moon Profound Sect, her former friends were still willing to give her face.

However, considering she had just intervened to save these people, judging by their righteous and moralistic appearance, she now appeared to be their savior. In this case, unless they were shameless, they had no reason to use Moon Profound Sect against her in the coming years.