Chapter 13: World One

Under the watchful gaze of Fu Xing's mother, Mu Bai picked up a pen and began to write a number: 1, followed by a string of zeros.

"If it's convenient, could you please wait here for a moment? I'll draft a gift contract to formalize our transaction," Mu Bai said as she continued writing the zeros, filling in a sum of ten billion yuan in words.

At first, Fu Xing's mother wore an expression of disdain, but as she saw the long string of numbers, her expression became increasingly unstable.

When the amount was confirmed as ten billion yuan, Fu Xing's mother completely lost her composure, exclaiming, "Ten billion! Why don't you just rob someone! You're from a single-parent family, how dare you be so audacious!"

"I asked you before, and you said I could write any number," Mu Bai responded calmly. Coming from a single-parent family was nothing to be ashamed of.

Mu Bai continued, "Mr. Fu's wealth has already exceeded one hundred billion yuan, and he's just a step away from a trillion. I merely suggested one percent of Mr. Fu's wealth as compensation. Isn't that reasonable?"

Taking a deep breath, Fu Xing's mother tore the check into multiple pieces. "If you're going to be so stubborn, don't blame me for being rude."

She was frustrated and angry, but with Sheng Qingyin sitting there, she had to suppress her anger and refrain from saying anything offensive.

"You can wait for Fu Xing to fire you! Qingyin, let's go!" After her statement, Fu Xing's mother stood up and prepared to leave, taking Sheng Qingyin with her.

Sheng Qingyin's expression was extremely complex. She had wanted to find an opportunity to explain, but now it seemed like the right chance had passed. If she spoke now, it might make things even more complicated.

"Mrs. Fu, I need to pick up something later. Why don't you go back for now?" Sheng Qingyin also stood up and escorted Mrs. Fu to the door.

Mrs. Fu, feeling embarrassed about her previous behavior, didn't insist on keeping Sheng Qingyin. Before leaving, she held Sheng Qingyin's hand and assured her, "Both Mr. Fu and I only recognize you as our daughter-in-law. Don't worry, I'll make sure Fu Xing handles this matter properly!"

Sheng Qingyin couldn't explain, so she just nodded and said, "I understand, Mrs. Fu. Don't worry."

After seeing Mrs. Fu off, Sheng Qingyin quickly returned to the coffee shop. Sitting across from Mu Bai, she suddenly didn't know how to start the conversation or what to say.

"Are you going to get something? Do you need any help?" Mu Bai bypassed the unpleasant topic and smiled warmly at Sheng Qingyin.

Mu Bai's usual attitude put Sheng Qingyin at ease. With a soft sigh, she reluctantly began, "Mu Bai, I didn't know Mrs. Fu would bring you here today, and I'm not sure..."

"I understand, Qingyin. I know what kind of person you are, and you don't need to explain," Mu Bai interrupted Sheng Qingyin and sincerely held her hand on the table.

"It's actually me who's been close to Mr. Fu and caused misunderstandings about our relationship with many people. Thank you, Qingyin, for believing in me and being willing to be my good friend."

Mu Bai's tone was very sincere, and her gaze was filled with trust, which made Sheng Qingyin feel somewhat embarrassed about her initial concerns.

Mu Bai trusted her so much, and she had mistakenly thought that Mu Bai might misunderstand her. In a way, she had underestimated the trust Mu Bai had in her.

Sheng Qingyin took a deep breath when she saw the watch on Mu Bai's wrist and said, "Don't worry, I won't misunderstand you, just like how you won't misunderstand me."