Chapter 89: World Four [End]

Fortunately, as several people valued their lives, they followed behind in the trucks after Mu Bai not only led them but also generously distributed supplies. An hour after sunrise, Mu Bai led the convoy back to Base Three, delegated the resettlement task to the staff, and used her privilege to explain the situation to the deputy in charge.

Regarding Sheng Qingyin, she naturally went to the hospital to find her father and reported the relevant details.

"Human experiments? Experimenting with the zombie virus?" The deputy in charge was stunned, finding it hard to believe what he had heard.

"Do you have evidence for this? Did you witness it firsthand?" The deputy's expression turned serious, exuding the authority of a leader.

Fortunately, Mu Bai was not affected by this aura. She quickly explained what they had done last night, even producing an experimental log from the spatial gate.

The deputy carefully examined the records, quickly spotting the list of experimental subjects. After seeing that most were marked as deceased, he exhaled slowly.

"You did well; those people deserved to die," the deputy said, pausing. "However, conflicts between bases are not solved with simple force. We need diplomacy first, inquire if they are willing to surrender and admit guilt. If not, I will arrange for action as soon as possible."

"Leader, it doesn't need to be so complicated. You can pretend not to know anything. I... along with Gu Yi, will lead a team to take care of those people," Mu Bai suggested. Noticing that the deputy did not immediately reject the idea, she could guess the answer.

Mu Bai: "Leader, I have one more thing to report. Before discovering the issues at Bright Base, we emptied a food transfer station warehouse. There were about tens of thousands of tons of food, mainly rice, but also flour, wheat, corn, and so on."

"Hmm? How much?" The deputy was once again taken aback. "Did I mishear earlier?"

"Conservatively estimating, around thirty thousand tons. When we arrived, about half was already gone. If everything goes smoothly, we should be able to recover at least ten thousand tons," Mu Bai calculated in her mind. Based on the emptied warehouse, it seemed the transfer station had been targeted by Bright Base people even before the apocalypse started, after the meteor shower.

"I assume Bright Base still has many large trucks, just not enough drivers," Mu Bai added. "With a personnel adjustment, we can form a team to transport the food and establish connections with other bases."

The deputy had a strategic mindset, but he was still human, with some personal thoughts. After all, there was a difference between being a person and a saint.

Pinching his brow, the deputy said, "You youngsters have your own ideas, which is normal. If you really want to rectify the situation for those people, go ahead. I'll cover for you if anything goes wrong."

"Of course, on the condition that you don't harm civilians unless they attack you."

Mu Bai nodded, "Leader, we plan to act tonight and catch them off guard again."

The deputy nodded, "Alright, stay safe. If you need anything, let me know."

"Yes, there is one thing. I wonder if the leader could personally sponsor us some more powerful weapons. This time, we intend to blow open their gates, and weapons with greater firepower than grenades would be preferable."

"More powerful than grenades?" The deputy raised an eyebrow, "Giving you a grenade launcher?"

"If there are two, that would be even better." Seeing the deputy's surprisingly agreeable response, Mu Bai took it a step further, "With sufficient ammunition, our efficiency will surely be much higher."