Chapter 96: World Five

It is well known that the prime advertising space in cinemas, usually featuring extravagant posters, involves significant investment. As Mu Bai and Sheng Qingyin entered the theater, two-thirds of the seats were already occupied, especially the coveted ones were fully taken.

Fortunately, with their couple ticket, the back two rows were relatively empty, only half-filled. The left and right sides were vacant, offering a decent seating arrangement.

Shortly after taking their seats, the lights dimmed in the auditorium. Sheng Qingyin instinctively gripped Mu Bai's wrist. It wasn't until the advertisements started playing on the big screen that she belatedly realized her action and awkwardly let go.

"I acted on reflex just now, no other meaning," Sheng Qingyin emphasized.

Out of her sight, Mu Bai wore a faint smile and casually responded, "Yeah, I know."

Mu Bai felt content; the more Sheng Qingyin cared about such details, the more conflicted she was internally. After all, when someone starts instinctively justifying their actions, it signifies a change of heart.

The ads were brief, and after about a minute, the main feature began.

At the beginning, Mu Bai's expression remained pleasant. When she saw the vampire male lead teasing the human female lead, she even thoughtfully stroked her chin, contemplating the feasibility of replicating such actions.

The first hour of the movie was light, sweet, and filled with small romantic gestures. However, as it entered the latter half, the plot took a darker turn. The parents of the female lead were attacked by vampires, and by the time the police arrived, they had already succumbed to excessive blood loss.

Upon hearing the news, the female lead broke down. Seeing her parents' lifeless bodies, she cried until she fainted, unwilling to accept reality.

As omniscient viewers, it was clear that the male lead had no connection to the vampires who attacked the female lead's parents. However, the distraught female lead, already consumed by grief, did not see it that way. She directed all her pain at the male lead, physically assaulting him and tearfully declaring a breakup.

The male lead, feeling helpless, comforted his girlfriend while simultaneously investigating based on the clues provided by the police. Eventually, he identified the vampire responsible for the crimes.

Driven by thoughts of his beloved, the male lead ruthlessly targeted his own kind, intending to appease his lover through the deaths of his fellow vampires. However, he overlooked a crucial detail. Due to his romantic relationship with the female lead, he had refrained from consuming fresh blood for a long time. Moreover, he had been enduring the sunlight while accompanying his girlfriend, causing a significant decline in his strength over time.

This led to the predicament where, as a count, he couldn't overpower a viscount lower in rank. Before long, he suffered severe injuries.

In the nick of time, the female lead arrived with silverware. Realizing who the true enemy was, she unleashed extraordinary strength, evading the vampire viscount's attacks and piercing his heart with the silver object. This not only saved her beloved but also eliminated the adversary.

The final scene of the movie depicted the male and female leads entering the realms of matrimony. The scene was beautiful, and judging by the attendees' reactions, it seemed to be a wedding feast composed of both vampires and ordinary humans.

Initially, Mu Bai found it acceptable, but as the story progressed, she furrowed her brows, sensing a sense of absurdity.

The reason was simple: vampires have internal bloodline suppression. Even if a count's strength declined significantly, they couldn't be dominated by a viscount. In a crisis, they could resort to burning their bloodline to mutually assured destruction; they wouldn't rely on humans to save them.