Chapter 15: World One

Realizing that Mu Bai was standing right behind her, Sheng Qingyin's feelings of annoyance faded significantly. She turned the situation around and directly held Mu Bai's hand.

Mu Bai, noticing the change, subtly moved closer to Sheng Qingyin, just like a competent assistant, and asked, "Miss Sheng, do you want me to hold your purse for you?"

"Sure, thank you," Sheng Qingyin handed over her small bag without hesitation.

Fu Xing furrowed his brow, finding the harmonious interaction between the two women somewhat annoying. It seemed there was something not quite right with the situation.

"Mu Bai, why are you arriving late like this?" Fu Xing's tone held some displeasure. "How can you be late for such an occasion?"

Mu Bai looked at Fu Xing without any noticeable emotions in her gaze and replied, "Mr. Fu, I ran into some people from Zhi Xin Technology, which delayed me for a bit."

"Zhi Xin Technology? Where are they?" Fu Xing's tone quickened. Zhi Xin Technology was a strong competitor of Heng Feng Technology, and about eighty percent of their research directions overlapped. They were often considered archrivals. Initially, Zhi Xin Technology had the upper hand, but things changed when Fu Xing got engaged to Sheng Qingyin and received substantial support from Jia Chuang Group.

"They seem to be very disdainful of Heng Feng's recent breakthrough. They said a bunch of things I couldn't understand and then tore up the invitation right in front of me. They wanted me to pass on the message that Mr. Fu should be prepared because they won't give up easily," Mu Bai said, lowering her voice and fabricating some words to divert Fu Xing's attention.

"Heh, they're just talking tough. We're already one big step ahead of them. Even if they don't give up, what's the use? It's just a futile effort," Fu Xing responded with a smug expression after hearing Mu Bai's words.

The more infuriated the people from Zhi Xin Technology appeared, the happier he felt because anger was the most useless emotion, only conveying their powerlessness.

"Mr. Fu, it's time for your opening speech," the assistant reminded Fu Xing when he hesitated to move.

Fu Xing nodded and shifted his focus to the main task at hand. He exchanged a few words with the media, and then walked up to the stage amidst the crowd.

"Mu Bai," Sheng Qingyin called softly, tightly holding her hand.

"I'm here," Mu Bai responded with a smile and led her further inside. "Let's find a seat; the banquet will start soon."

Sheng Qingyin nodded and followed Mu Bai's steps.

Everyone's attention was on Fu Xing, even Sheng Qingyin's father chose to follow Fu Xing and left her side. Only Mu Bai remained with her.

Is Mu Bai the only one she has left? Sheng Qingyin couldn't help but have this thought.

Mu Bai had chosen seats in the middle, and the people at their table were the executives from second-tier tech companies. They might not have direct cooperation with Hengfeng, but they were here to network and gather the latest information.

Although they weren't part of the first-tier companies, they had their ears to the ground. Seeing Mu Bai and Sheng Qingyin approach, they accurately called out their names.

Mu Bai handled the tech executives with a few words and quickly brushed them aside.

Fu Xing gave a lengthy speech from the main stage, capturing the attention of most of the attendees. After he stepped down and took his seat, the top-tier guests surrounded him.