Chapter 93: World Five

Sheng Qingyin had no idea that Mu Bai was just trying to comfort her. In her eyes, Mu Bai was a vampire queen, and even if she didn't speak with absolute authority, she wouldn't fabricate stories like an ordinary person.

Feeling more at ease, Sheng Qingyin relaxed, even though Mu Bai continued to confine her to the chair. The fear in her heart diminished, and she began planning for the future.

Since the vampire queen promised, as long as she didn't break the agreement, the other vampires wouldn't trouble her. When she returned, she vowed to focus on improving herself. Once she became a six-star hunter, she would return and settle the score!

Observing Sheng Qingyin calming down, Mu Bai released her grip. Glancing at the clock, it was already half-past five in the afternoon.

"If you want dinner, follow me." Mu Bai said, dusting off nonexistent dust from her clothes and heading towards the door.

Sheng Qingyin exhaled slowly, noticing Mu Bai's figure about to disappear. Swiftly getting off the chair, she hurriedly followed.

After leaving the bedroom, Sheng Qingyin realized many vampires were staring at her. Their gazes were more intimidating than Mu Bai's. Terrified, she started running, turning into Mu Bai's little tail.

Mu Bai looked back and intentionally slowed down her pace.

Then she heard an "ouch." A certain little tail had bumped into her back, with the nose directly hitting her neck.

"Ouch, that hurts." Sheng Qingyin took a step back, covering her nose, tears welling up.

Mu Bai moved to the side, directly grabbing Sheng Qingyin's wrist and pulling her forward. "If it hurts, remember it well. Be more careful next time and don't stare at the ground. Learn to look straight ahead."

At that moment, all the malicious looks from the vampires disappeared. Witnessing their queen holding a human's wrist – a notorious vampire hunter at that – they were shocked.

"Your Majesty... held the human's wrist! Am I seeing things? Are we dreaming?" One vampire muttered.

"Held hands? No, Your Majesty just held that human's wrist! Simply holding the wrist, not holding hands!" Another vampire exclaimed, unwilling to admit what they had seen.

"If I'm not mistaken, Your Majesty should be taking humans out for a meal. I wonder how Lady Gu Yu will feel when she sees it. After all, Your Majesty's parents, the former queen and king, all perished at the hands of humans," sighed the elderly vampire guard.

Will Gu Yu be upset when she sees this?

The answer is quite evident—yes, she will be.

Upon seeing humans in the restaurant, Gu Yu tightened the glass in her hand. Had she not been composed, the glass might have turned into powder by now.

"Your Majesty, are you dining with humans?" Gu Yu asked calmly, her voice devoid of anger or sadness.

Mu Bai hesitated for a moment and then nodded, "I've investigated her; this human has just become a Level 3 hunter. Strictly speaking, she has only been involved in some capture operations, and no vampires have died at her hands."

"Nonsense, I've killed vampires," retorted Sheng Qingyin. She didn't need lies to have a seat at the table.

Mu Bai glanced at Sheng Qingyin, casually adding, "Those were ordinary blood slaves transformed from humans under her control."

"Gu Yu, she's a hostage now, and I need to negotiate with the Hunter Guild to release our clan members. It's a profitable deal," Mu Bai explained, adding, "This kind of transaction is quite lucrative."