Chapter 43: World Two

Having received Sheng Qingyin's implicit consent, Mu Bai's behavior became more evident. She no longer rushed her work at night but instead brought her easel into the room, using Sheng Qingyin as her model while she painted with diligence.

In the evenings, Sheng Qingyin usually wore glasses while working in her study. Today was no different, and her simple silver-rimmed glasses gave her a more serious and reserved appearance while making her even more enticing.

Mu Bai amplified this quality in her artwork, blurring the background of the study to emphasize Sheng Qingyin's presence. Compared to the previous painting, the Sheng Qingyin at work exhibited a sense of distance, providing a feeling of being untouchable.

"Do I seem that serious?" Sheng Qingyin asked when Mu Bai was about to sign her painting, having walked over at an unknown time.

Mu Bai looked up, met Sheng Qingyin's gaze through the glasses, and honestly replied, "Occasionally, there are moments when I feel that you're quite distant, especially since you've emphasized the need to separate personal and professional life. It creates a bit of distance during work."

What a joke! Sheng Qingyin, who was towering above her, had become even more attractive. Mu Bai felt like her very soul was being irresistibly drawn in.

"What about now?" Sheng Qingyin asked, leaning over to bring her head closer, her lips nearly touching Mu Bai's ear. She inquired, "Do you still think there's distance between us?"

Mu Bai's ears started to blush uncontrollably. She stammered, "N-no, not distant anymore. We're very close now! I feel really close to you!"

"This painting is quite good. When can it be framed? Can we do it tomorrow?" Sheng Qingyin turned her body, looking as if nothing had happened, and continued, "If I hang this painting in my office, most people probably won't have any objections."

Mu Bai's eyebrows twitched slightly, and she asked with some anticipation, "So, Sister Sheng, do you want to take down the previous painting?"

Sheng Qingyin casually touched Mu Bai's head and reminded, "It's 'also' going to be hung in the office."

"Well, then, I'll find time to paint another one of you working in the office. When the time comes, can I ask Sister Sheng to take down the original one? I only spent two hours on that, and it has many flaws," Mu Bai tentatively spoke, trying to negotiate.

Sheng Qingyin withdrew her hand and didn't give a direct answer, saying, "My office is quite spacious, so I can probably hang many paintings. If it gets too crowded, I might consider making some changes."

Mu Bai sighed softly, understanding the implications of Sheng Qingyin's words. It seemed like her impromptu artwork might be hung for several years, and there was a possibility it might never be taken down.

As time passed, the days grew shorter, and the temperature in the air gradually dropped.

Mu Bai's second volume of comics was set to be released in mid-October. Due to the rapid sales of over 500,000 copies within the first three days, the publishing house discussed holding a signing event as a fan appreciation gesture.

After receiving the earnings in her account, Mu Bai hesitated for a moment. The money had just arrived, and declining the offer might seem ungrateful.

Thinking about Sheng Qingyin's recent efforts in brand promotion, an idea suddenly popped into Mu Bai's mind. After discussing with the publishing house, she quickly agreed to organize the signing event.

When they were working together that evening, Mu Bai prepared to speak up, "Sister Sheng, I have to go on a business trip the day after tomorrow. It's likely to take about a week."