Chapter 65: World Three

Mu Bai sat on a tree trunk, pondering a serious question – how to smoothly protect her disguise.

Her master might be able to catch up but not necessarily capture Lu Yifeng. If that happened, once Lu Yifeng returned to the Sheng Manor, it would be a done deal.

As for Lu Yifeng's identity, others might not know, but Sheng Sect's Lord and Lady probably did.

The real question was, did Qingyin know? In her eyes, Lu Yifeng should only be the Second Senior Brother, right? What was the nature of their relationship? Just acceptable, or very close?

Mu Bai asked 045 with a hint of expectation, but 045's reaction was even more dumbfounded than hers. It eventually began a self-check, looking into whether there was an issue with the database.

As the sun descended halfway down the mountain, Mu Bai, still without a solution, sighed deeply.

Caught off guard by Lu Yifeng and her master, Mu Bai's original plan was on the verge of collapse and seemed irreparable.

Well, since she couldn't think of a good solution, she might as well be bold. The worst-case scenario would be her master taking her back to the Moon Profound Sect.

After preparing herself mentally, Mu Bai soon retraced her steps back to the entrance of the Sheng Manor, intending to cherish the last moments of tranquility.

The guards at the Sheng Manor recognized Mu Bai. Upon seeing her, they immediately opened the gate and hurried to report the news.

In no time, Sheng Qingyin's figure appeared before her, waving happily. "Mu Bai, you're back! Any gains?"

Mu Bai nodded. "I thought of some new sword techniques. We can spar and exchange moves tomorrow morning."

Sheng Qingyin nodded in agreement and then eagerly shared what she thought was good news. "Mu Bai, Senior Brother Lu is back! If you had returned a bit earlier, you could have met him!"

"He's quite formidable. Tomorrow morning, the three of us can spar and exchange new sword techniques!" Sheng Qingyin suggested. Her tone and evident joy indicated that her relationship with Lu Yifeng was likely quite good.

Mu Bai nodded. Her current attire and appearance were significantly different from her time at the Moon Profound Sect. She wondered if Lu Yifeng would still remember her. If not, things would be much easier.

Sheng Qingyin and Mu Bai had a brief conversation. Seeing Mu Bai looking troubled, Sheng Qingyin didn't press further. After helping Mu Bai change the bandage and advising her to rest well, she left considerately.

Mu Bai rubbed her face, then, after finishing her nightly routine, lay on her bed, mentally preparing for various unexpected situations.

Despite some lingering hope, Mu Bai's rationality told her that there was a ninety percent chance of falling off the horse tomorrow. Tonight might be her last peaceful sleep.

After reluctantly forming contingency plans, it was nearing midnight. Mu Bai sighed lightly, closed her eyes, and began to drift into sleep.

The next day, Mu Bai woke up early as usual. After washing up, she opened the door and saw Sheng Qingyin coming out as well.

"Morning. I informed Senior Brother Lu yesterday; he should be coming soon," Sheng Qingyin greeted with a lazy stretch. Approaching Mu Bai, she checked her injured arm.

"Did you change the bandage this morning? How does it feel?" Sheng Qingyin asked, detecting a faint scent of blood as she got closer.

Mu Bai, feeling a bit guilty, avoided Sheng Qingyin's gaze. "I thought the wound had healed, so I didn't pay much attention."