Chapter 106: World Six

As a 'qualified' old wooden cabin, its window quality is quite questionable.

Just as Sheng Qingyin finished packing and was getting ready to endure a night's sleep, the window suddenly blew open. If it weren't for the suitcase helping to block it, the window might have smacked right into her face.

Mu Bai was also startled by the commotion and hesitated before suggesting, "Ms. Sheng, how about we switch positions? My side has no windows, and there's nothing else that could... fall."

Sheng Qingyin fell into a brief silence. After she closed the window, she whispered a thank you, "Thank you, I'll definitely work hard to complete the mission tomorrow."

For someone with her unfortunate disposition, it's probably best not to stay in such an old house. Otherwise, if she sleeps here for four nights, the house might collapse.

Since neither of them had rested on the bed yet, changing positions only took a few seconds. Once Sheng Qingyin settled into her blanket, Mu Bai asked, "Ms. Sheng, did I turn off the lights?"

"Yeah, goodnight." Sheng Qingyin set her alarm, placed her phone a bit farther away, and began to brew her sleepiness.

"Goodnight." Mu Bai whispered, quickly turning off the only incandescent light in the room.

After hearing the breathing nearby, Mu Bai started communicating with 045, "What's up with Qingyin's luck? Why is it so bad?"

"Host, this information is beyond the world line. Inquiring will simultaneously force an assignment related to it," 045 explained. "Do you want to inquire, Host?"

Mu Bai was puzzled, "Is this forced task something the main system upgraded?"

"Not exactly. It's the will of the world consciousness. After the main system update, we can communicate more with the world consciousness, and the scope of tasks has some flexibility," 045 clarified. "This side task serves as compensation for the information requested by the world consciousness."

Mu Bai found it even more perplexing. All she wanted was to inquire about Sheng Qingyin's poor luck, and now it's somehow tied to the world consciousness.

"I want to know the details of the task beforehand," Mu Bai stated. She was willing to do tasks, but she didn't like being forced into them.

After a minute, 045 provided an answer, "Host, the world consciousness hopes you can assist in establishing order in mystical matters for the authorities. Sheng Qingyin's luck is related to mysticism and aura."

Upon hearing 045's response, Mu Bai's confusion deepened. She scrolled through the three hundred words of the world line repeatedly, yet couldn't find any content related to mysticism.

The upgraded main system seemed unreliable, with increased freedom but a more challenging information retrieval process.

"Host, your situation is unique. You don't have the task of maintaining the world line, so you have a high degree of freedom, leading to this situation," 045 earnestly explained.

The main system upgrade is friendly to most hosts, allowing communication with the world consciousness and helping hosts avoid many dangers. Regarding forced tasks, they usually occur when hosts need to maintain the world line.

However, Mu Bai's situation is different. She doesn't need points or aura; she's purely here by choice. In most cases, as long as she doesn't cause chaos and shatter the little world, the world consciousness permits her existence.

"Host, Sheng Qingyin's situation involves borrowed luck. To completely resolve this issue, you'd have to confront unofficial mystical organizations, and that's why the world task has been assigned to you," 045 continued, acting as a messenger between Mu Bai and the world consciousness.