Chapter 80: World Four

Mu Bai quickly arrived in the room, where the pregnant woman had already been lifted by Gu Er and moved from the floor to the sofa.

Gu Er knew how to handle external injuries, stop bleeding, and even use a knife to remove bullets from the woman's arm. However, faced with the heavily bleeding pregnant woman, she felt helpless. All she could do was cover her with clothes and try to awaken her with her voice.

"I'll take a look," Mu Bai soon crouched by the side of the sofa. Due to the critical situation, she didn't bother concealing her abilities. She pressed her fingers against the pregnant woman's wrist, checking her pulse.

Hiss, the situation didn't look good. The pregnant woman had been unconscious for at least two or three hours. The fetus was now in a very dangerous state, at risk of a miscarriage at any moment.

The only relief was that the bleeding had stopped. If she could be hospitalized for recovery later, the woman's health probably wouldn't be significantly affected.

But now, with a three-hour drive back to the base, even if the pregnant woman could endure it, the child inside her...

Mu Bai's brows furrowed even tighter. She released the woman's wrist, placing her hands over the woman's abdomen, attempting to use her abilities to stabilize the condition of the fetus.

Panting, Sheng Qingyin caught up and witnessed the scene. Mu Bai's brows were tightly furrowed, her face pale, and tiny beads of sweat appeared on her forehead. Kneeling beside the sofa, she maintained a half-crouched position, hands emitting a faint glow over the pregnant woman's abdomen.

Gu Er stood guard beside the pregnant woman, her fingers on the woman's neck, using the simplest method to calculate her heart rate. Xie Yu was busy in the kitchen, using her abilities to heat water, preparing for any needs that might arise.

Sheng Qingyin remained silent, walking slowly to Mu Bai's side. She didn't know what she could do, so she quietly took out tissues, helping Mu Bai wipe away the sweat from her forehead.

This time, Mu Bai didn't hold back her strength. Even though her body was protesting, she persisted.

Mu Bai felt it—a little life slowly regaining vitality within her abilities. If she wanted to save the woman, she couldn't stop.

The unborn child's vitality was exceptionally tenacious. Despite enduring a month without food and nutrients, it resisted leaving this world, desperately recovering.

After Mu Bai devoted all her strength without reservation, she finally felt the condition of the fetus stabilize. At the same time, the pregnant woman slowly opened her eyes, regaining consciousness.

"She's awake," Gu Er said, her tone calm, but her hands were slightly trembling.

"How is she? Do you need hot water? How hot?" Xie Yu rushed out of the kitchen, carrying a pot of steaming water.

Feeling a bit drained, Mu Bai was about to stand up using the sofa for support when Sheng Qingyin, acting quicker, made a move. She grabbed Mu Bai's hand, pulled her up, and let her lean against her to regain strength.

"Qingyin, my hands are still unwashed," Mu Bai said. Her hands had been on the pregnant woman's belly for quite a while, stained with blood.

"It's okay," Sheng Qingyin replied, trying to overcome her body's instinctual response. She pursed her lips and said, "You lean on me, or sit on the sofa and rest for a while?"

Mu Bai didn't respond but closed her eyes. After about ten seconds, she stood straight again. Upon opening her eyes, a box of medication appeared in her hands.