Chapter 4: World One

After the auction, Fu Xing paid 15 million RMB in a daze and successfully acquired the Song Dynasty Jun porcelain, accomplishing the purpose of this trip.

Staring at the long-necked bottle in the box for a while, Fu Xing slowly exhaled and said to Mu Bai, "Put it away. When we go soaring, take it with you. Make sure to unleash its full value."

(Note: 1,500,000 yuan is approximately equal to 230,000 USD.)

"Alright," Mu Bai closed the box, scrambled the code on top, and then handed it over to the bodyguard who had come along.

Seeing the seemingly unnoticed interaction between Mu Bai and Fu Xing, Sheng Qingyin felt somewhat displeased. However, since the two were discussing business matters, she had to hold her frustration and shifted her attention to the pink diamond in her hand.

Natural pink diamonds were exceptional, far more attractive than regular white diamonds. She pondered whether to keep this one in her collection or have it turned into a ring.

"No, a 1.5-carat diamond wouldn't quite cut it for a ring. I wish I could find a pink diamond of at least 3 carats. Then I could make a ring for my wedding," Sheng Qingyin mused.

After letting her mind wander in all directions, she finally refocused her thoughts.

Observing that Mu Bai and Sheng Qingyin had finished their conversation, she immediately approached and said, "Fu Xing, brother, tonight, let me treat you to dinner as a token of gratitude for helping me purchase the diamond."

"Unfortunately, I have other plans for tonight. How about another time? I'll have my driver drop you off later," Fu Xing politely declined.

Fu Xing offered another reason, "I have a government-organized banquet to attend tonight. Mu Bai needs to accompany me as my secretary. It's a formal event with either government officials or heads of technology companies, not a place for casual gatherings."

He tried to emphasize the formality of the event, making it clear that it wasn't a place for any misbehavior.

"How am I misbehaving? Mu Bai can attend as your secretary, can't I attend as your fiancée?" Sheng Qingyin retorted, clearly unhappy. "I know more than Mu Bai!"

Fu Xing reiterated, "I'm representing Hengfeng Technologies at this banquet, it's not a private gathering."

Sheng Qingyin glanced at Mu Bai, who gave her a quick smile before swiftly avoiding eye contact.

Sheng Qingyin continued, "If that's the case, I'm sure Jia Chuang Group is also invited. I'll go ask my dad for an invitation, and he can secure me a spot representing Jia Chuang Group!"

Upon seeing Sheng Qingyin about to call someone, Fu Xing had to stop her and emphasized, "Don't trouble my uncle with such trivial matters. If you decide to go, I'll take you."

"If I go, what about your secretary?" Sheng Qingyin contentedly put her phone away and asked, "She should be free to go back by now, right?"

Fu Xing looked apologetically at Mu Bai. At this point, he still needed Jia Chuang Group behind Sheng Qingyin. After weighing the pros and cons, he could only temporarily accommodate her.

Mu Bai's expression remained unchanged as she spoke up, saying, "I had the driver and bodyguards take the Song Dynasty Jun porcelain to the company first. After the banquet, I can be the one to send Mr. Fu and Miss Sheng home."

Upon hearing Mu Bai's voluntary concession, moving from the position of companion to driver, Sheng Qingyin showed a hint of satisfaction in her eyes.

"Fu Xing, let's go," Sheng Qingyin took Fu Xing's arm, wearing a smile on her face.