Chapter 71 - Visit to Osaka

-What's up? Isn't Osaka a beautiful city?
   Yoko was running around taking photos. She confirmed what Heiji had said.

   Ran, Kogoro, Yoko and Conan had been invited to Osaka by the western high school detective. The last time they'd seen each other was when they'd been invited to a mansion, which had ended in murder. To be more precise, Kogoro had been asked to find someone.

   The bespectacled girl continued to take photos. She went round the tower, although Ran asked her to stay close by.
   How could she stay put when there were so many things to photograph here!
   It wasn't her first visit to this big city, but she'd never really seen it from above. The young girl's adoptive parents had come to take care of the cooking for certain small events.
   -Yoko-chan! Stay a bit closer to me!
   The schoolgirl ended up grabbing her by the arm to lead her back to the rest of the group. They were about to leave to get something to eat.
   It's true that with all this I'm hungry!

   The car sped off down the road.
   -There's no denying it, police cars are a class act! No more traffic jams! Well ladies and gentlemen, where did you want to go?
   He's hogged a police car for us and is using it as a taxi... I can't decide whether I think that's cool or whether I think he's crazy...
   Heiji had indeed used a police car to show people around the city. Due to lack of space, Yoko had ended up on Ran's lap, who was embarrassed.
   -Where are we going to eat, Heiji-niichan? asked the little girl.
   -Erm... Let me take you to a nice restaurant!

   Arriving at their destination, Heiji made a commender to the Udon group. Without waiting, Yoko began to eat.
   -It's really good! she exclaimed, to the amused laughter of the cook.
   -Isn't it! said the detective, proud of himself.
   -The taste is very light, but it's good! Ran added
   It's too good!
   The young girl was happy to be able to eat.

   After the Udons, they went for Takoyaki, then Okoyamis. And when they got to the last restaurant, Heiji went to the toilet.
   We're not going to be hungry any more!
   The former high school student couldn't help but hum, happy to be in Osaka. But she quickly stopped when she saw someone sitting in Heiji's place.
   -Excuse me Miss, but here...
   -So it's you, "Kudo"...
   The girl, a brunette with her hair tied back, interrupted Kogoro's daughter.
   -Heiji keeps talking about you... all the time...
   Oe... !
   Yoko leaned forward to see this new arrival. Her gaze turned not to Conan, but to Ran.
   Wait a minute... She wouldn't think...
   -Don't pretend you don't understand... I know all about it... Your name is Kudo and after meeting you...
   -Hey lady! Do you think Ran-neechan is "Kudo"? Because Shinichi-niichan is a boy...
   -What?
   The girl stopped dead in her tracks. The girl with the glasses looked at her, shaking her head.
   -Well then, Kazuha, what are you doing here?
   Heiji arrived at the same moment. After a few explanations, he laughed.
   -She's too much, that girl! This 'Kudo' I keep telling you about is a boy!
   Why didn't you explain that from the start?

   The whole group
ended up talking while eating. The schoolboy explained that he'd known his friend for a long time and that they'd shared some funny moments together, such as staying handcuffed to each other for a long time. Then, when they'd finished, they got out and got into the car.
   -Where to now? Where to? asked Heiji.
   -How about Osaka Castle? replied Kazuha.
   And I'd really like not to be on her lap...
   The schoolgirl from the west had agreed to take the young girl on her lap. But the girl was embarrassed. Although she was used to sitting on Ran's lap, here she was with someone she'd only known for a few minutes.

   Noises outside drew the eyes of the people in the car towards the outside. But they barely had time to react when something fell onto the bonnet of the car. A man, dead.