Chapter 92 - An injured detective

-Blood...
    Yoko stepped back from her discovery. At the same time, Ai announced that the transmitters were giving the number one hundred and eleven. The police number.
   -What do we do..." worried Agasa.
   -It's obvious! We call the police as well as an ambulance! One of the kids or Conan is injured!

   The young girl with the short red hair nodded. They had no other solution anyway.
   -Kudo-kun must be heading for the exit of the cave... We'd have to find her too...
   The girl in glasses nodded her head in approval.
   -We'll go back to the camp. There shouldn't be a network here! she ordered before rushing towards the exit.
   I hope whoever's hurt isn't too badly... If it is, let's hope he holds out!

   Once the two girls and the man were back in their tent, they called Inspector Megure. The teacher explained the situation as best he could, based on what they had understood. If Conan had left his glasses with that message. It had to be that someone was after him, along with Genta, Mitsuhiko and Ayumi.
   After this call, Agasa got into his car and looked for someone who could show them the way out of the cave.

   -Yoko-chan! cried Ayumi, jumping into her friend's arms.
   -It's OK, it's OK...
   The young girl reassured the crying little girl. She stroked her head.
   The police had arrived in time. The criminals chasing Conan, Ayumi, Genta and Mitsuhiko were arrested. Conan was injured. Ayumi explained that he had been shot and had lost a lot of blood.
   I was right to call an ambulance...

   The former schoolgirl gritted her teeth and let go of her friend. She moved towards the stretcher where the detective was lying.
   -Can I go in the ambulance with him? she asked the ambulance driver.
   -Can't I?
   -I'm his sister!
   He nodded. The girl immediately got into the vehicle.

   The ambulance arrived at the hospital. Ran, who'd been warned, was waiting outside the doors of the building.
   Ran...
   Yoko got out of the car. And let the stretcher pass. She joined the schoolgirl in silence at the same speed as the doctors. The latter paid no attention to the child and stayed with Conan.
   The group entered the hospital, running through the corridors.
   -Hang on, Conan-kun! A little more patience...
   He'd better hold on!

   The young girl kept her teeth clenched. She was scared too. She was worried too.
   -Doctor, please! This is terrible! We've used up all the reserves for the operation on a patient who has the same blood type as this child... We've almost run out! panicked a nurse.
   A nurse panicked. You've got to be joking... !
   -If we ask the transfusion centre to bring us some urgently, it'll be too late...
   -If it's all right with you, I can... He and I have the same blood type... Ran suggested.
   Wha... Then she really knows...
   Yoko looked away.
   This is no time to be thinking about that! We've got to save Conan first!

   Ran was directed to the sampling room. The girl with the glasses turned to Agasa.
   -Don't you have any way of creating a robot that looks like Shinichi? she whispered. Can't you even try?
   -I'd like to, but it's impossible...
   -And you call yourself a genius inventor... The Baikal won't work...
   What happens now...

   Conan was in the operating theatre. Everyone was waiting for him to come out. Yoko was sitting by the children, reassuring Ayumi who was worried.
   -Don't you worry! He's going to be fine!
   -... It's my fault he's hurt... I'm the one who insisted we go into the cave... Explained the girl with the headband between sobs.
   -But he followed you? And then the criminals were arrested! And I'm sure everything's going well, Conan's resilient! If you sulk, he won't make it! We'll have to keep smiling when we see him!
   The girl in glasses gave her friend a big smile so that she could smile back. Then she turned her gaze to Ran.