Chapter 155 - Robbers

The car was always badly driven. The excuse that it was snowing couldn't fool the two children, especially Conan.
   As the woman berated the driver for the umpteenth time, the boy in glasses intervened.
   -She's right! What's more, the car hasn't been serviced yet, so you have to drive carefully! But that's going to happen soon, isn't it? The service...
   Please don't take too many risks...
   -Erm... Yes... maybe...
   -Have you forgotten? But you've got the sticker with the number "two" stuck on your windscreen... That's the service sticker, isn't it? Its colour determines the year and the number the month in which it should be done... Yours is this year's colour, and as it has the number "two" on it, that means you have to have it done before the end of February... So it's coming soon! he explained in a childish voice.
   -Yes! It's coming back to me! I got a letter telling me to do it this month...
   Huuu... He's lying... Now I understand why Conan asked me to stay awake... But it still doesn't explain what he's thinking...

   Yoko glanced at her brother, who was explaining how he'd seen the number on the label. At the same time, a car passed in front of her, shining a light on the windscreen and the famous label.
   -Ah le le... I hadn't thought about it, but the sticker is stuck on so that it can be seen from outside! It's not a 'two' but a 'five'! the boy pretended to notice. But that's not right... You did say that you'd received a letter asking you to do the revision this month, didn't you?
   -Either he's just misread it, or he's just said that at random! Either could explain...
   The girl didn't finish her sentence. She was making it clear to Conan that she needed an explanation of who these two people were.
   -That's more or less it. What's more, he's not the one who deals with this sort of thing. explained the woman. But tell me, kid, what have you been listening to?
   -The news! It's full of interesting things, like the jewellers who are still at large!
   The detective said these last words, staring into his sister's eyes.
   Robbers on the run... He thinks it's them...?

   The group had passed through a police roadblock without any problem and were now driving into town. They soon arrived at the rendezvous point, Kenbashi station.
   The man at the wheel had just lit a cigarette.
   -Imbecile! I asked you not to smoke, didn't I? the woman shouted immediately.
   -Ah... That's right... I'll throw it away right away... announced the man as he opened his window.
   -Well, not out the window! You've got an ashtray then... scolded Agasa.
   He opened the famous ashtray.
   -Oe! You mix your change with ashes and cigarette butts! Even if you're rich? That doesn't give you permission to do that sort of thing...
   -That's not surprising... Since they're the robbers from the jeweller's on the run. Conan announced.
   Oe oe... ! We're locked in their car, I must say! You'd better find a way to get us out of here fast!
   -We're probably in a car they stole after abandoning the one they had. The real owner must not be a smoker and probably uses the ashtray as a pocket-cleaner. Explained the detective.

   He explained all the evidence against the two people. The driver was not used to driving on the left, so all along he had been driving too close to the centre line and had looked to the left when he had to reverse. Looking left was the reflex of people driving in a Japanese car. There was also the fact that he had reversed the windscreen wipers and the indicator. On the woman's side, she was sitting on the blood of the third robber, who had been wounded when Yamamura had accidentally shot at him, as Yamamura had explained when the car had passed the roadblock. This third robber was hidden in the boot.

   -Ah! shouted Yoko in surprise.
   -Bravo! You're very clever, kid! Felicita the woman.
   She was holding the kid with the glasses and had put a gun to her head.
  Crap!
   -So we've been unmasked... You're going to stay with us a little longer, aren't you?
   -Well... Shinichi... ! Agasa panicked.
   The former schoolgirl looked at her brother. He had a confident look on his face.