Chapter 95 - Show

Yoko was lying on her bed, her outstretched arms touching the floor. Ran was asleep, but she wasn't. The previous night's discussion with Heiji and Conan was still fresh in her mind.
   I hope the situation will be resolved...
   The western detective had explained that it would be better to tell Ran everything, that she was waiting for Conan to tell her the truth.
   "And tell the truth about me? She's been seeing me as a stranger lately! It'll be even more complicated if I explain! And why take the risk of the organisation knowing about the rejuvenation?"
   These had been the young girl's words. But it made no difference to Heiji. For her brother, she didn't know.

   I'm going to get some fresh air...
   The former schoolgirl headed for the roof to get a whiff of the fresh night air, hoping that she'd be able to sleep afterwards.
   Please put Ran's doubts to rest...

   -Haaa! But it's so big! Yoko almost exclaimed when she saw Teitan High School.
   My old school was small compared to this!
   There were lots of people and activities on offer, as well as a wide choice of food stalls.
   -Conan! Are you coming to get something to eat with me? Kogoro-oji-san, can we go and get something to eat?
   The former schoolgirl was the only one who was as excited as a child. As for Conan, he was content to head for the gym. What's more, Kogoro refused to let the young girl go. She puffed out her cheeks for a moment before smiling.
   You could say that in terms of roles...

   She joined the man playing her brother. Or rather, the one playing Conan. The day before the show, Ai had explained a few things to Yoko, such as the apotoxin antidote she'd managed to make. The scientist was going to appear before Ran as Conan, thanks in part to a voice modulator mask for her voice. As for the real one, he was going to have to talk to the schoolgirl as Shinichi, thanks to the antidote.
   I hope the plan works... Thanks for warning me, otherwise I might have spoiled it a bit... a big part of it will depend on you, Haibara!

   -Ran-neechan! Yoko greeted as she approached the schoolgirl.
   -Eh? Ah... Hi Yoko-chan!
   She always looks at me as if I were a stranger...
   The girl was also greeted by Kazuha, with whom Ran's relationship had improved, and Sonoko. Conan arrived next.
   -I'm not the only one you've been warned about... he said in a somewhat blasé voice.
   You could put more energy Haibara!
   -Conan-kun...
   -No matter how many times I told him to stay at home because his cold hadn't cleared up yet, he wouldn't listen. "I promised," he replied... Kogoro explained, ruffling the patient's hair.
   -It's improved since the last time! And he's not going to get sick again! grumbled the girl with the glasses.
   -But is he going to be all right? Wanted to be sure the schoolgirl
   -No problem...

   Araide arrived and spoke about the room.
   -Right, let's sit down! Yoko announced as she walked away, followed by Conan.
   Once away from the girls and Kogoro, although he was going to join them quickly, the girl in glasses let out a long sigh.
   -It's complicated to carry on being a child when Ran's got big doubts... I'd like to know what she thinks about me...
   Ai didn't reply, content to move forward in line. She sat down and her friend went to her right.
   -It's not too hard to play Conan? she almost laughed.
   -It won't be for long... she replied
   -You could have waited for me! Kogoro grumbled, annoyed.
   The detective had just arrived, having taken a little time to find the children. The next moment, the lights went out.