Chapter 131 - Worry

Yoko pulled Conan away from Ai and Agasa. She explained the situation as briefly as possible. That of the stolen investigation reports.
   -Calm down! ordered the detective at the end of her explanation. Lately you've been panicking a lot, but you know how to keep your cool, don't you?
   -Can't you?
   -After all, you managed to follow Gin and Vodka without getting caught.
   The young girl nodded slowly. It was true that lately it was difficult for her to stay calm with everything that was going on.

   As the boy walked away because of Genta's remark, her sister smacked her cheeks to regain her composure.
   He's right! I've been through worse! It's not by panicking that I'll find out who the guy in the hat and Jodie really are! I'd think about it!
   She turned and followed Conan. Or at least she tried to. Agasa had approached the girl.
   -What were you talking about? asked the teacher.
   Did he have to arrest me?
   -It wasn't anything important. she tried to reassure him.
   -You seem to be hiding things from us... said Ai as she approached.
   I can't tell her that we're potentially...
   Yoko gritted her teeth for a moment.

   -I'll talk to you when the time comes, I promise!
   Without further ado, she joined her Conan, who was with Genta, Ayumi and Mitsuhiko. She was followed by the former member of the organisation and the professor.

   Conan tried to call the agency, but to no avail. His face showed his concern.
   Let's hope it's nothing serious... ... Don't jump to conclusions, Conan...
    -That's it! I've told them!
   Agasa disembarked towards the children.
   -Ah, thank you! What did Megure-keibu say to you? asked the detective.
   -That he found this way of doing things very interesting and that he agreed to help us! replied the man.
   -Then it's up to you! Do as I explained!

   The group of kids left, leaving the younger ones between them. The boy with glasses looked worriedly at his earphone.
   -The worry on your face is obvious... About your dear girlfriend. I don't know what Enoshiya-san told you, but be careful and make sure she doesn't find out anything about your identity or the existence of the organisation. That goes for you too, Enoshiya-San. sighed Ai.
   -Don't worry, I'll manage... Yoko let out.
   The redhead let out a smile before continuing to talk to Conan about the chocolate he'd had from Ran. The boy's face darkened. He explained that he hadn't said anything back, that it had made him want to see her as Shinichi even more, and that he didn't want to see her cry any more. Yoko understood this on one hand. She went over to the man playing her brother to reassure him. He could see Ran, but she couldn't see Yosuke. She couldn't even contact him.

   The detective sighed and nodded. Then he whispered something to his sister. He wanted her to go home and check on Ran. The lack of response on the phone was worrying him a lot.
   I'm supposed to accept all this discreetly and then leave in front of everyone?
   Letting out a sigh, the girl in glasses agreed and announced that she was going home, leaving everyone else to solve the case.

   When the flat door slammed shut, Yoko leaned against it and took a moment to breathe.
   I should go right away!
   She started to run, sliding down the stairs to go faster. Then she took the outward route back to the agency.

   She arrived, out of breath.
   It's on...
   Cautiously, she climbed the stairs and opened the office door. There was no-one there. On the second floor, it was the same thing.
   -Crap... Where are they...

   The former schoolgirl hit the wall, teeth clenched. She returned to the office and reached for the landline, dialling Ran. She managed to get an answer, much to her relief.
   -Ran-neechan, where are you?
   -I'm at the supermarket! Dad's won the lottery. He made a big fuss about it... tonight it's steak for everyone, he said... Are you back yet?"
   -More or less. I'll leave you to it and tell Conan.
   She hung up and let out a sigh of relief. Just then, she received a call from Conan.
   He needn't have worried so much, that one... even if, in view of the news...
   Yoko picked up the phone and explained the situation.