Chapter 89 - Pisco

Just as Yoko was about to continue following Gin and Vodka, she spotted Conan. He spotted her too, coming towards her.
   -Why didn't you answer? the boy shouted immediately.
   -Why?
   The former schoolgirl reached into her pocket and pulled out her phone. She'd missed several calls from her brother.
   Haha... I forgot that I'd muted the sound...
   -Sorry about that! I was giving away Gin and Vodka...
   -What do you mean?!
   -Well... I came across them on my way to where Haibara was locked up... and there they were... Speaking of them, they didn't come out...

   A beep drew Conan's attention. He replied quickly.
   -... What?! They're shooting at him?!
   What?!
   The young boy looked at his sister.
   -Go back to the warehouse and get Haibara out as soon as you see her!
   Yoko managed to understand the situation and didn't waste any more time. She returned to the warehouse. She headed for the chimney, through which she looked up.
   Let's hope Conan got there in time...

   The girl with the glasses looked around, thinking that Haibara would have to be disinfected.
   Over seventy proof alcohol, if I remember correctly...
   She looked around for a bottle and grabbed the nearest one that matched her criteria. At the same moment, a weight fell from the top of the chimney.
   -!!
   The former schoolgirl turned round, looking at what had fallen. It was Ai, or rather, Sherry.
   -... Haibara!
   Yoko approached, but stepped back when she heard her friend's screams. Looking around the room, she realised she'd taken Baikal.

   No time to dawdle!
   She approached the redhead, already looking younger. She began to take off her jacket to pour the alcohol over it.
   -Magnificent!
   A man's voice sounded behind the girl in glasses, who straightened up and turned round. An old man was approaching, pistol in hand.
   -Are you... Are you Pisco? Gin asked you to kill her, didn't she?
   -I didn't think it would be a child helping Shiho. You seem to know a lot about the organisation.
   I'm not in the best of situations... shit... Conan, come quick...
   Pisco pointed his gun at the girl.
   -Unfortunately, you know too much.
   Clutching the bottle of alcohol in her hand, Yoko took a deep breath and threw it at the man in front of her. He laughed, pulling on the bottle to avoid her.
   -What did you think you were doing?
   -Don't move!

   Conan's voice made the member of the organisation turn around.
   At last!
   The bespectacled girl let herself fall with relief as the young boy went to explain his deductions. She grabbed her jacket and placed it on Ai, restraining herself from asking if she was all right. Given her injuries, her answer was going to be negative.
   -I'm going to get you out of here!
   The former member of the organisation put the jacket on as best she could and Yoko wore it, going behind the shelves. She bumped into Conan, who waved her off.

   Yoko put Ai to bed in the car, while explaining the situation to Agasa.
   -Get in the car too, you'll catch a cold...
   -... All right, then.
   She listened to the teacher and got into the car, getting into the back.
   -Are you still bugged? asked the girl when she saw the teacher with something in her ear. He nodded.

   A little later, Conan reached the car. He got in quickly.
   -The police should arrest them... announced the boy.
   -Who should? asked his sister.
   -Pisco, Gin and Vodka.
   Agasa started the car.
   -Pisco was killed by Gin... I could hear the conversion thanks to the glasses that Ai-kun left behind... After killing him, they went out through the chimney...
   ... So that's how it is...
   Yoko was reassured that Pisco didn't have time to say anything about the apotoxin. Agasa would have mentioned such an important detail otherwise.
   -What are you going to do now, Haibara? asked Conan.
   -Now that they've found out I live in this neighbourhood, I can't stay with you any longer... the disk has probably burnt up in my overalls, so there's no reason for me to stay here any more... Don't worry, I'll be leaving tomorrow.
   -No way! You're not even fit! exclaimed the brown-haired girl.
   -And don't worry, everything's fine. They won't think you're staying... added the detective.
   The car continued to roll. For the moment, treating the injured girl was the priority.