Chapter 112 - Some Lists

Yoko followed the detectives to the woman's body and began taking photos at Heiji's request.
   That's all I'm good for...
   She sighed as she finished her photos.
   -She died less than an hour ago... Kogoro observed.
   -She must have been hung up in this net after being strangled... Traces of sandals and boots on the sand. The sandals are hers. Those of the boots are therefore those of the murderer. Concluded the schoolboy from the west.

   The girl looked at the footprints before starting to follow them. On the way she picked up Conan so that she could be enlightened.
   -Oe... Wait... What are you doing?! said the boy, surprised.
   -Can't you see? I'm following the footprints...
   -Did you have to take me in?
   -I needed some light.
   She continued to drag him to the end of the path.
   -I noticed something! The former high school student pointed out.
   -You can tell me later! In any case... it ends here...

   Opposite the two children was the sea. The tracks stopped there. The girl with the glasses suddenly pulled Conan's wrist to look at something on the ground. It was shiny.
   -It was...
   The young detective bent down to look at the thing before turning to follow the tracks in the opposite direction.
   -What did you find?
   At the same moment, the Fukui police arrived. The kid in glasses hurried to tell Heiji the latest details. Then they all went back to Ran and Kazuha, Yoko giving away her camera on the way because of the photos on it.
   Did I really have to do that?
   She let out a long sigh.

   The boys had explained the situation to the two schoolgirls.
   -Scales?! But then... The murderer would be... a... a mermaid... cried the two girls.
   They're stupid...
   So Heiji had to explain the simple trick of walking where the waves had washed up.
  -Did anyone see Naoko-san when she came out? Kogoro asked.
   -Kogoro asked. When I arrived, she wasn't in this room... Kimie explained.

   A tanned man, whom the group had seen the old lady, asked Heiji's client's father if he had seen her, having signed the register after her. But it was no use.
   So she went towards the net, but why? Did someone call her?
   Yoko took a moment to think, breaking her concentration on the conversation.
   Wait a minute... The second victim, I saw her go to take the arrow from what's-his-name... The first one was supposed to have it... If I follow this logic... Wait a minute, wait a minute. Don't think like that, that's bad ! I must be wrong ! There are two and a half detectives, let's leave them to it...
   She sighed heavily.
   Solving cases isn't my thing... I should stop thinking...

   After the meal, Kimie directed everyone to see the list of participants in the draw. On the way, the young woman talked about her friends and the film group she was part of.
   Once there, the woman noticed that the famous list had disappeared.
   -I was sure I'd find it here...
   -No list... ? asked Heiji.
   -No... only this year's list is missing... Kimie replied.
   She explained, in response to questions, that her grandmother wouldn't have had any use for the list, and that everyone on the island knew where it was kept. She finally announced that she was going to look in the other rooms.

   Yoko stretched before grabbing one of the lists. Over the next few minutes, she imitated the boys as she leafed through the lists.
   -Oh, listen to this! The former foreign minister, the head of the cabinet, the CEO of the Bank of Japan! There's a whole list of important people who worked for the country! They all wanted to live to a ripe old age.
   -I wonder why that is? sighed the girl with the glasses
   -What's that?
   Conan noticed something. His sister leaned over to look at the list he was holding. The name 'Miyano Shiho' was on it. She almost laughed.
   I'll be sure to tell her!

   Suddenly there was a shout. The boys rushed in, followed by Yoko.
   -What's going on?! shouted the western detective.
   -There! In the garden... A blonde girl with glasses... Ran began.
   -She was staring at us! Kazuha finished.
   The girl's gaze turned not in the direction shown by the girls, but in the direction of a light.