Chapter 125 - P&A

Two policemen were facing the group of children who were desperately trying to make them understand the situation. But, as Yoko had thought, they didn't believe them or believed them very badly.
   The mentality of adults is sometimes hopeless...
   The girl in glasses let out a sigh.
   -We may not have seen her being abducted, but I think it's unlikely that he left his car open with the keys in it! she finally said.
   -He's probably just gone to get something. explained one of the two men.
   -And you didn't see her being abducted, did you! added the second.
   -If you had a photo or something, it would be different.
   Raaaah! It's in cases like this that I have to take photos! The worst thing is that I've got the right pair of glasses!

   Ayumi had an idea. She decided to use the photo of Hawk Randy. The two looked very similar, so it was a solution.
   -He looks just like that man!
  -Aaah! Hawk Randy! exclaimed the policeman.
   -If it's him, you can rest assured! He was on the radio earlier. explained his colleague.
   -It's a good thing we said they looked alike, eh? sighed Yoko.
   -The one we're looking for is called Black James! Mitsuhiko added.
   Conan asked a question about the show. He needed to know whether it was live or not. And the answer was yes. If the two men who'd kidnapped James found out, they'd want to get rid of the stranger.
   We really need to find out the meaning of his P&A...
   -We'd better ignore these two policemen! the former schoolgirl finally announced. We'll prove ourselves more capable than them!
   -But...

   Yoko turned her head towards the freckled boy.
   -We're the Detective Boys! We can do it! We're better than the police!
   Genta, Ayumi and Mitsuhiko all nodded in agreement.
   What I don't have to say to motivate them...
   The policemen looked at the children with a smile before announcing that they were going to leave them to their "games". Then the group began to think about the meaning of the message.

   -P and A make 'Pa' but... began Agasa.
   -Could it be a shop that starts with 'pa'? "Like a pastry shop? said the girl with the headband.
   -No, it wouldn't. If he'd wanted to give us two letters attached, he'd have marked the 'Pa' of 'Paul'... He wanted us to take them independently. Explained the detective.
   -Peaches and almonds...
   -Pâté and fun...
   -PC and access...
   -Pistol and assassin...

( A/n - this translation is based on the French words )

   Everyone had their own little proposition, but nothing seemed to add up. The only thing that did fit was Mitsuhiko's "Parking Area", but Conan had already checked.

    -So... We split up and tried to find out if anyone had seen a stranger accompanying two men! Whoever learns something warns the others with his badge! finally ordered the kid with the glasses.
   Ayumi looked for her badge before remembering that it was James who had it. Yoko let out a smile at this, given that the emitter could be used.
   It's great that he's keeping it! We'll find him quickly this way!
   -I've got it! Sixteen kilometres from here, heading north, north-east... It's following the Teizumu road and is on the way to Ikumo. At this speed, it's a car.
   In a car?! How are we supposed to find him?... wait a second... Maybe the "P&A" designates a car... But... is that really possible?
   By the time the bespectacled girl came out of her thoughts, Conan had called Detectives Sato and Takagi.
   -Right, let's go hakase! Can you go and get the ladybird? We're the only ones who can recognise James!

   Agasa immediately followed the detective's orders.
   -Say... Doesn't it intrigue you? Ai suddenly asked the two younger students.
   -Do you?
   -James was taken by two men through this alleyway to another car. It was probably while he was walking down this alley that he deliberately cut off his finger to leave a message, wasn't it?
   -That sounds about right..." replied Yoko.
   -The men must have threatened him with a gun while he was at his car and without his attackers noticing, he left the message... Explained the kid with glasses.
   -Unless he realised straight away that these men were suspicious and went there on his own after leaving us a message...

   The former schoolgirl looked at her friend and brother in turn. The two suggestions stood together. She didn't know who to believe.
   -And if he had been threatened in the middle of the alley, he could just as easily have followed them and left the message... After all, Conan introduced himself as a detective... she finally blurted out haphazardly.
   -It's not impossible... But Haibara, what are you getting at?
   -I don't know what you're getting at... I've got the impression that someone's trying to lure us...
   -In any case, it's not our priority... tee...
   Yoko's gaze turned to the car passing in front of the group.
   It was him when she gave evidence in the bus case... wasn't it?
   The former member of the organisation quickly noticed the car, which made her panic.
   What the...?