Chapter 110 - Macabre Party

Heiji, Kazuha, Kogoro, Ran, Conan and Yoko were talking to the friend of the western detective's client, Kimie. The young woman had just told them that four days ago, she and her friend had left the island to visit a dentist.
   -What was she like at the time... ? asked the former policeman.
   -She had lost the dugong arrow and was very scared. She asked me if grandma couldn't do something about it... No matter how many times I told her not to be afraid, she wouldn't listen to me and kept repeating: "No, it's true... I'm going to be cursed by the siren". she explained.
   She really believed it... I hope she didn't do anything foolish...
   Yoko tried to think about what could have happened, but her thoughts were muddled.
   I think I should stop thinking...
   As the woman explained that if the arrow was lost or the possessor no longer believed in his powers, he would fall under the curse of the siren.
   -You say things like that because you don't believe in Mikoto's powers.
   A woman had just arrived, laughing a little.
   -Toshimi...
   -She's the real thing! She really has eaten mermaid flesh. What's more, three years ago, the body of a mermaid was even found...
   ... ... Are you sure it wasn't a big fish?
   -The skeleton had an unusual shape and this surprising...
   A big fish, I tell you!
   Someone stopped Toshimi in her tracks. This man called Rokuro advised the group to go and see the father of the missing woman before leaving.
   -Well... could you tell us where Saori's house is? Kogoro finally asked.
   -Yes, of course! After the party, if you don't mind. Well, more than a party, it's a bit like a lottery. People buy numbered tickets, Grandma names the numbers and those with the right numbers win the dungong arrow. If you fancy it, you can try it too.
   She handed two tickets to the schoolgirls, who accepted them.

   Evening arrived. Tourists had gathered in front of the temple. Yoko snuck past them, camera in hand, to take a few photos.
   I'm a bit far away, let's hope I can get some good shots...
   Two people opened the shōjis, revealing a short person wearing a lot of make-up. The girl with the glasses laughed at the make-up. This woman set fire to the Shōji, which formed numbers. At this point, the former high school student took some photos which she immediately showed off. She was rather proud of them.
   -I've... I've won!
   Yoko turned her head at the sound of Kazuha's voice.
   -A stroke of luck for her, I'd say!

   Everyone had moved on to a waterfall. There, the people who had been drawn could go and get their arrows. Kazuha went along with another woman.
   -Another person! One more person missing! called Kimie.
   A man announced that it was him and approached.
   -That's strange, isn't it? I thought the girl from earlier had won... Think out loud, Heiji.
   -I don't see her... Conan remarked.
   -The girl... ?
   Yoko didn't understand who the two boys were talking about. Apart from Kazuha, she couldn't remember anyone else. When she was concentrating on her photos, the young fle didn't pay attention to anything.
   -Didn't you hear earlier? A woman shouted "Hurrah"... explained the boy with the glasses.
   Fireworks went off. All eyes turned towards the waterfall. Surprised looks. Looks of panic. In the bed of the waterfall was the woman who had disappeared. There she was, hanging in the water.