Chapter 100 - Attacked

-Ah, if that's the case, I've seen extracts from it several times on TV! Thanks to ten seconds of footage taken by the surveillance camera of the bank that was robbed at the time, using a meticulous plan, the policeman, who later died, managed to trace the bandits... but how? The mystery remains... But I didn't know it was Sato-san's father... Takagi explained.
   The conversation continued, following Conan's explanation of the case.
   -It's not important... Everyone remembers the name of the case, the main criminal, but apart from the members of the police force, everyone has forgotten the name of the policeman who died in the line of duty... Sato reassured him.

   The children were curious and started asking questions. In this way, the group was able to pick up some clues. As well as this "Shūshirō", and the video, there was that of a person in a mackintosh and "Kan.Oh". The policewoman explained that this last clue had been found in her father's notebook. The police had questioned her and her mother several times about it.
   -As a child, I often thought about these letters and, to amuse everyone, I used to say, "Whoever solves this riddle and arrests this Shūshirō can ask me whatever he wants!" Finished the woman.
   Her two colleagues looked surprised, and also seemed to be thinking the same thing.
   Oe... don't tell me Shiratori's got his eye on Sato too... Takagi already! And who's to say she doesn't already love someone?
   -Say, if I find the solution, can I ask for a thousand ice creams? asked Genta.
   -I'd like to live in the Tropical Land castle! said Ayumi.
   -And I'd like a ticket to visit the International Space Station! Added Mitsuhiko.
   As if she could offer you that...
   -As far as I'm concerned, it'll be a professional camera! Yoko couldn't help asking.
   -Is it possible to get tickets for the football World Cup? asked Conan.
   -For me, a Prada handbag... The new model of course...
   Haibara... please act like a child!

   A few seconds later, the girl with the headband pointed out the presence of people dropping off flowers. Sato went to greet them before introducing them. They were friends from his father's high school baseball club. They were there to lay flowers.
   Yoko left her to talk and turned to her friends.
   -Are you serious about your demands?
   -What? She said she was going to give it to us! shouted the majority of the group.
   -And you asked for something too! Mitsuhiko added.
   -But so... Yeah, forget it...
   It'll be difficult to make you understand...
   Suddenly, Inspector Shiratori received a call. From what Yoko understood, the police were holding a suspect who had fled. The man asked his colleague to come over. He quickly noticed that his handcuffs were missing as he checked his belongings.
   No, but he...
   Sato decided to lend him his father's handcuffs just before he left.

   The children, accompanied by Detective Sato, had returned to the scene where Ayumi had seen the arsonist.
   -I had just finished playing with the Kamen Yaiba machine when the strange man came out... recounted the witness.
   Yoko approached the alleyway from where the man had come out.
   -Do you have any ideas about the "Shūshirō" case? she asked Conan.
   -No idea at the moment... But I'm thinking about it...
   The bespectacled girl let out a small laugh.
   -So, Mr. Detective, you don't find cases easily with few clues any more? You've regressed, tell me! she mocked.
   -Very funny...
   -How funny? Have you figured out who the bandit was 18 years ago?

   The policewoman's voice stopped the conversation between the two former students. They got closer. The caller paused for a few seconds before resuming.
   -... Who is it? Tell me!... Takagi-kun? What's the matter? Takagi-kun?! Takagi-kun?! Takagi-kun!!!... Hello?
   No answer. Someone had hung up. What was certain was that it wasn't the policeman himself.
   He would have been...?!
   The group of detectives looked at each other, worried.