Chapter 140 - Sigh

The police had three suspects. Three suspects whom Conan had ordered to be kept out. The detective had explained the reason, after Megure had noticed the group's presence.

   The three suspects were all fans who had bought tickets in advance. The culprit had therefore followed the victim from the stadium.
Yoko was barely listening, still looking for her camera. She was checking to see if it had fallen between the train and the platform, but couldn't see anything.
   -Oe, kid! What are you doing?!
   The young girl was loitering outside the door of the carriage she was in, getting in the way of passing police officers. One of them grabbed her and pulled her away.
   -It's not nice to play around crime scenes. he said gently.
   -Sorry, I was looking for my camera. Have you seen it?
   -A camera? I don't think so.

   He got up and walked away.
   Mmmmmh...
  -You still haven't found anything? Mitsuhiko asked when her friend came back towards him.
   -Nope...
   The former high school student shoved her hands into her pockets. She looked at Conan, focused on the investigation as always.
   -But why is he so precious to you? Genta asked, her eyebrows raised.
  -Firstly, because I'm a photographer, so it's stupid not to have his stuff. Secondly, it's a gift... If it wasn't, it wouldn't have been so bad... 'Fin just a bit... I've had one stolen, so...' she sighed.
   -I'm sure you'll find it again! Ayumi reassured her.
   Yoko just sighed. She really hoped she'd get it back.

  -And Mitsuhiko-kun, have you found your radio yet? asked the schoolgirl in the headband.
   He replied with a shake of his head.
   -It wasn't on the platform or in the trian... it must have been someone who picked it up...
  The former schoolgirl let out another sigh as she lowered her head.
   -But I'm sure your camera wasn't picked up, Yoko-san! Caught up with the freckled boy.
   -It's OK, it's OK... I'll save up to buy a new one... By the way, where's Haibara?
   The children looked around.
   -I think she said she was going to the toilet... Mitsuhiko remembered.
   -... I'll go too...

   The brown-eyed girl had spotted Conan heading for the stairs. She wanted to ask him if he'd seen her camera. She crossed her arms behind her head and walked away.
   -Ah, little one! one of the policemen stopped her. Is it really you who gave your glasses to get photos?
   -It was me!
  She smiled as she picked up her famous glasses and put them back on her nose.
   -What an incredible invention! At your age, I'd have dreamt of having this kind of thing...
   The man was in awe of Agasa's invention.
   -If you want some inventions, ask Agasa-hakase... if they work...
   Just then, she walked away. She joined Conan.

   -... I learned about it when I was at school... They all came to watch my game... They said to me: "Are you going to try to get into the Tokyo Blacks like my brother and me? said the detective.
   Huuuum?
   -... But two years after Higo joined the Noir team, the directors told Endō that he didn't have the potential to continue playing for the first team... Endō failed to break into division two either, and he realised that he had only been hired to lure Higo into the team... Continued the young boy.
   -Are you talking about... ? asked Yoko.
   -Are you? We're just talking about football...
   The screen on which the match was being shown caught the attention of Conan and Ai. The detective had an epiphany and pulled the match ticket he'd seen out of his pocket. Immediately afterwards, he let out a smile. The girl smiled back.
   -I'll keep looking for my camera and let you solve the case then!
   She followed him up the stairs back to the platform.